• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My son turned 16 today and wanted brisket for dinner

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
My oldest is 16 today and wanted brisket, so I prepared it yesterday for smoking, and fired up the GOSM this morning around 5 a.m., it's only a 9 lb brisket, I didn't get any prep pics but here it is at 161*

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I would wish it was my birthday too if thats what I was going to eat. It looks great and I hope you have him there with you smoking this brisket.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Nice!

Funny thing, my youngest turns 16 on the 15th of November, and he want's me to make brisket for him!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Looks good so far! Grats on raising him to 16..... now you can kiss your car keys goodbye for the next couple of years.... lol.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
He's in school, we let them stay home Monday after Halloween, I'll do another one when it gets colder, so he can really appreciate it

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
Looks great so far!   Got to love the almighty Brisket!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Tell him Happy Birthday . We share the same birthday,Except ,When ya get to be my age .They become annual days of depression.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Tell him Happy Birthday . We share the same birthday,Except ,When ya get to be my age .They become annual days of depression.
That's OK Eman.... I hear a belly full of good brisket and beer will cure that depression in a hurry!
  Brisket the new miracle drug!

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Looks good. Always looking for reasons to fire up the smoker. Then again who needs a reason.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Looks fantastic!
Hopefully mine will look as good next Friday.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
nice smoke ring, looks good

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.