My Friend Brian Kavanagh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crippledcracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2016
Mount Pleasant SC
A friend of mine passed away last year and I just wanted to share his sense of humor with you. His name was Brian Kavanagh and he pretty much wore flip flops and a bud light year round. You never would have know he had terminal lung cancer since he never complained and would be at the bar everyday laughing and joking with all of us. He really didn't even look sick until a few weeks before he passed. The day before he died, I was told he was riding his electric wheelchair down the road heading to the bar to get a few last bud lights. The picture below is him at his wake. Yup, he is the cardboard cutout in the middle wearing flip flops and a bud light. Rest in piece my friend and thanks for the laughs.
IMG_4938.jpg

Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing. Seems like you all were able to celebrate his life and memory, which is how it should be IMO.

Reactions: crippledcracker
Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing. Seems like you all were able to celebrate his life and memory, which is how it should be IMO.
We toast him at happy hour all the time. I may ask his wife if I can borrow the cardboard cutout and take it to the bar someday. I know he would love that.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a cool Dude!

Dave
He was a pretty cool fella. Funny as hell and very laid back. If you didn't know him, you would think he was just a beach bum that could pound some beers. You never would guess he was a millionaire. He always said he was way overpaid.

Sad loss my friend. Sounds like he was the guy who brought light and smiles into everybody's life. Definitely need more like him in today's world. Love the image of him riding his electric wheelchair down the road to the bar for a "last few" in a last great act of defiance! 🍻
He liked to mess with the bartenders so I ordered him those annoying dinger bells you would see at the hotel front desks. He would ding that thing everytime he need a fresh beer and it would drive the bartenders crazy. They would take them and throw them in the trash. Little did they know, I had a case of them in the truck😁

• Haha
He liked to mess with the bartenders so I ordered him those annoying dinger bells you would see at the hotel front desks. He would ding that thing everytime he need a fresh beer and it would drive the bartenders crazy. They would take them and throw them in the trash. Little did they know, I had a case of them in the truck😁
LOVE IT!! Next time, give some bells to your friends as well, do a round robin ringing from different locations, culminating in everyone dinging their bells at once and see what the bartenders do?! Of course, I would be very close to an exit when this occurs. and immediately bring in a lot of smoked/BBQ foods ready for them to eat! 🍻

• Haha
Reactions: crippledcracker
Sounds like he was one great guy! Looks as you all had a nice wake for him!
Yeah,
LOVE IT!! Next time, give some bells to your friends as well, do a round robin ringing from different locations, culminating in everyone dinging their bells at once and see what the bartenders do?! Of course, I would be very close to an exit when this occurs. and immediately bring in a lot of smoked/BBQ foods ready for them to eat! 🍻
Haha good idea but there is a good chance Claudia the bartendress would stab me. If I get a hold of that cardboard cutout of Brian and take it to the bar, I may attach a phone with a dinger for the notification sound and text it every few minutes.

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky