my first teriyaki wings.

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by dannylang, Jan 25, 2015.

1. looked on the internet for a good restaurant terikaki sauce recipe and found this

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 cup water

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp garlic powder

5 tbsp brown sugar

1-2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp corn starch

1/4 cup cold water

mix all ingredients together, besides corn starch. and 1/4 cup of water.xtart heating on stove. then mix corn starch and cold water in another cup and

pour in. heat until desired thickness.

so i made sauce, put wings and sauce in a gallon ziplock, overnight

seasoned them with some good old tonys

put them on the old trusty smoker, at the desired temp. using sugar maple wood, i did not want a lot of smoke in the wings.

smoked them until internal temp was 165. then pulled them things off, and put on the feed bag.

fellows you need to try this recipe. i am hear to tell you them wings are GOOOOOD.

tropics likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

They look GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

3. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

I just so happen to have a whole cut up chicken in teriaki right now. I can't wait to smoke me some yard bird. Your wings look divine danny!

4. thanks timberjet, i hope you will try this sauce, it is really good, and brush extra sauce on, every time you open the door.

5. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

Dang if I didn't just use store bought this time. I will save that recipe for next time though. Homemade is always better.

6. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

That looks very tasty!

7. Those look great, I see Tony's in the background,  It's an everyday staple at our house, use it on Everything     Good Job

Gary

8. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty looking teriyaki wings! I like to take them to the next level and inject the marinade into the chicken.

9. take them to the next level then dirt sailor, let me know how they taste, after you inject them.

thanks dannylang

10. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

dannylang likes this.
  11. dirt sailor that a fine looking article you wrote, and thanks, i will have to inject next time. thanks for your input.

dannylang

12. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Danny that is some nice looking wings,consider the recipe stolen.

[​IMG]

13. enjoy the recipe tropics, this is what it is all about, and thanks for the point. i am here to help anyone, and enjoy a recipe or two myself.

14. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice job, Danny...those wings look and sound delicious!

Red

15. thanks red, just tring to help you guys to a nice meal.

16. mpressive

mpressive Newbie

I'm from Hawaii and that far too little sugar.   When we make a Teriyaki sauce the ratio is 1 part soy sauce to 1 part sugar and garlic and ginger to taste.  For a Korean Kalbi sauce add green onion and sesame seed oil and roasted sesame seeds.

17. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Where you from brah? I'm in double k town!

The Recipe above is more of a marinade than a sauce IMO. It also uses honey in place of some sugar. For a teri sauce I.do soy, sugar and water in equal parts with ginger and garlic. For a marinade I use half as much sugar...

For a Korean style sauce I put what you mention and also add some spice. Ko chu jang preferably!

18. Looks great

19. taylor adams

taylor adams Newbie

About how long do they take to cook at 225?

20. I DO NOT REALLY KNOW, I WAS WORKING OUTSIDE AND JUST COOKED UNTIL 170 DEGREES INTERNAL TEMP. IF I WAS TO GUESS I WOULD SAY 5 HOURS. JUST GUESSING