• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first smoked meatloaf

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Howdy folks,

Smoked my first meatloaf this afternoon. A two pounder. It took about 5 hours at 220F with cherry smoke to 140F. Final temp was 165F. Texture was great. Smoke flavor added to my already great meatloaf fetish. I'm already looking forward to the sandwiches. Glaze was my BBQ Sauce (Jack Daniels Original and Gios mixed 2-1) thinned with a little apple juice and Jack Daniels Old #7.

Whole Loaf

Sliced and waiting

Hope you all have a Smokey weekend,

Meowey

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Good looking meatloaf Meowey, I'm doing a butt this weekend and may throw a meatloaf in to take sandwiches to work next week. :D

smokemack

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 21, 2006
Fine looking meatloaf! I have yet to do a smoked meatloaf. With a limited budget for the rest of this upcoming week, I think I'll do one. I need to dig up a good recipe from the forum...

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2006
Meowey..
Good looking meatloaf...getting me hungry....right now I'm waiting on a brisket thats been going all day...took forever to get past the dead zone...pics later...

Later
Richard

gypc

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 4, 2006
Awesome!! Looks great.............my wife and I were just talkin about smokin one........................lookin at that, I have to real soon. YUMMY :D

prplptcrzr2003

Smoke Blower
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Oh man, that's a mighty fine looking meatloaf! And looking at those pics right before lunch just made me drool! Thanks for sharing - I will try my 1st real soon. I got my hands on some cherry wood, so there we have it - smoked meatloaf for supper tomorrow night! Tonight however, will be NY Strips with loaded potato and salad ...MMM MMMM MMMMMM!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Smoked a meatloaf a couple of Sunday's back and the neighbor was surprised that I would smoke something "so lowly as a meatloaf". He changed his mind when I gave him a small sample! :mrgreen: And the guys at work wouldn't let me eat my meatloaf sammiches in the office-made me go down to the lunch room (ain't no way to treat the boss :( ) Said it smelled better than what they had-so to get even for being banished from the office, I use to office microwave to heat up the sammich and melt the cheddar cheese that was on it!! :twisted:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.