TX Smoker Inspired Smoked Bourbon Glazed Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
After reading tx smoker tx smoker 's Smoked Cheese Stuffed Bourbon Glazed Meatloaf thread I just had to give this a try. Mine may not have turned out as perfect as tx smoker tx smoker 's but DAMN is it good! I used a recipe found elsewhere on the internet so I cannot claim this as 100% my own concoction.

3-lbs of HEB 80/20 ground chuck with panko breadcrumbs, diced onions, eggs, Maker's Mark bourbon, Montreal steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and pepper jack cheese with a ketchup, brown sugar, bourbon and red pepper flake glaze -- off the charts!

First glaze:
IMG_1681.JPG

Finished cooking at 160-degrees - I did not do as great a job as tx smoker did sealing it up after layering the cheese so some cheese oozed out:
IMG_1685.JPG

On the cutting board - the glaze is phenomenal:
IMG_1687.JPG

And the first slices:
IMG_1689.JPG

I haven't had a meatloaf in about 6-years and this hit the spot big time!!!

Thank you tx smoker tx smoker for the inspiration!

That looks spectacular! Care to post the recipe or link to it? Those ingredients sound perfect for meatloaf!
Thank you sir! Will do on the recipe - let me gather my notes, eat some more, and I will post the recipe I used.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…smoked meatloaf is one of our favorites! Its the thing Mrs. Red requests I smoke most often.

This looks terrific Spook…very nicely done!

Red

Reactions: Retired Spook
That looks spectacular! Care to post the recipe or link to it? Those ingredients sound perfect for meatloaf!
Bourbon glazed pepper-jack cheese stuffed smoked meatloaf recipe:

Meatloaf (I used 3-lbs of ground chuck so I multiplied everything 1.5X)
2 pounds 80/20 ground chuck
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced (I forgot to add this)
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 Tablespoons Maker’s Mark cask strength bourbon
2 Tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup milk
6 oz pepper jack cheese cut into strips

Mixed everything up until just mixed - do not overdo it or your meatloaf will be a tough brick. Formed half, layered the cheese in the middle careful to leave room to seal the edges, put the other half on top and sealed the edges while forming it into a loaf.

I smoked the meatloaf at 225-degrees using post oak till it got some color – about 1-1/2-hours – and then I glazed it, then about an hour later I glazed it again. Smoked it till it hit 160-degrees on the instant read thermometer (I did not time it but somewhere around 4-1/2 hours I think?), let it rest about 20-minutes, and went to town!

Bourbon glaze
½ cup ketchup
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Maker’s Mark cask strength bourbon
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

It was spectacular.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…smoked meatloaf is one of our favorites! Its the thing Mrs. Red requests I smoke most often.

This looks terrific Spook…very nicely done!

Red
Thank you Red - this is one kick *** recipe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky