My first smoke as OTBS #224

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokingohiobutcher, Feb 16, 2011.

1. smokingohiobutcher

smokingohiobutcher Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well actually I was working out in the garage on my grilling charcoal basket for my UDS.  When Mrs. SOB filled me in on the news. [​IMG]   I decided to try some bacon wrapped little smokies (Mrs. SOB so kindly prepared for me while I was welding my charcoal basket) while I was smoking some strip steaks for Dinner. 

Some Nice Hereford Strip Steaks

Picks of my new grilling basket.

Now the finished product.

Pecan Smoked Strip Steak, steamed veggies, steamed potatoes with ranch dressing(the ranch bottle got a little carried away and had major splatter) and Potato Topper Seasonings.

Thanks for watching

SOB- OTBS- QTV 

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats on the OTBS and nice looking dinner.

3. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

It all looks great! Congrats on the new otbs title!!! Oh and love the ranch polka plates!!!! [​IMG]

4. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

[​IMG]That plate must be mine..........

5. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats SOB!

Ur Da Best Man!

Todd

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hello my Brother - I have learned so much from you and am so happy to have you in the brotherhood

7. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    congrats and a great meal!

8. dnovotny

dnovotny Smoke Blower

JUST A SUGGESTION NEXT  TIME ON YOUR BACON  WRAPED SMOKIES  HAVE  A BOWL OF BROWN SUGAR

AND DUST YOUR SMOKIE WITH THAT AND  THEN SMOKE THEM ,,,MMMMM .

IF YOU DO LET ME KNOW  HOW YOU LIKE THEM.

9. SOB, Congratulations on the OTBS title, I am sure it is well deserved and that you will continue in the tradition!  As far as the food, A+, I could make a meal just out of the plate of bacon wrapped little smokies, and the steaks looks awesome and I am sure you and Mrs. SOB enjoyed the meal tremendously even the veggies look good and I am not a big veggie fan!  Again, Congratulations my friend and keep up the good work and may all of your smokes be wonderful.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry  [​IMG]   

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  10. Nice smoke and great call by the wife on the strips...everything looks great. Congratulations on the OTBS .

11. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good and congrats!!

Craig

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's one great looking meal you put together there Guy, and congrats on the OTBS.

13. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congratulations on the OTBS, SOB!

Great job all around - nice roll on your expanded metal walls of your basket, and awesome job on those steaks!

14. A celebratory smoke is always a good thing!

15. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice pile of smoked goodness, you old SOB-OTBS, you!!!

I too have learned many things from you, and appreciate it !

Thanks & congrats again,

Bear

16. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats on the OTBS. Great looking pile of food there. What a way to celebrate!

17. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great looking smokies, maybe the gods should take the ABT section and turn that spot into a appetizer section. [​IMG]

18. dnovotny

dnovotny Smoke Blower

can i ask i question ,,, what  does OTBS stand  for.. quess i haven't been smf  to know  what this  stands  for,,, but interested,,,

19. scarbelly

20. scarbelly