My Chili Fatty for the October Fatty TD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
34ab8bee_chilifatty1.jpg

f37b1b56_chilifatty2.jpg

dc13420a_chilifatty3.jpg

ce197513_chilifatty4.jpg

d834025d_chilifatty5.jpg
e2521e29_chilifatty6.jpg

41c3616f_chilifatty7.jpg

Reactions: meateater
OMG Ray! I thought you had this one in the bag there for a while, close race to the finish. Your's sure does look good with all that cheese. Great job sir!

I was talking to my brother-in-law about trying to make a chili fattie, now that I see it can be done, it's on my list for my next batch of fatties!

That looks sooo good!

Great job Ray. I am going to have to try this one for sure

Say Wolf, that looks just fantastic. You'd be a food hero in my hood. It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
a gotta agree with rick..........i see this on a bed of rice or noodles this winter for alot of folks.

icon_cool.gif

Now that fattie looks awesome there Ray. It looks alot better in theses pictures then it did in the contest photos. I bet it was really yummO too. Then I am making a new fattie for the son's return from Germany in december. If it makes it that long that is.

Thanx gang for all the GREAT replies. My 14 yr old did say it was the best tasting fatty yet.

The hardest thing while making this was to produce a great tasting chili that was super thick and wouldn't run out of the fatty when cut.  It worked. It was great eating it with hot sauce, lettuce, sour cream and nachos.

Thanx again gang.

--ray--

Looks great Ray I would definitely hit a piece of that fatty. I was curious how you got the chili to stay in the fatty once you sliced it. Great job!

Looks great Ray I would definitely hit a piece of that fatty. I was curious how you got the chili to stay in the fatty once you sliced it. Great job!
It was a REAL pain trying to make a GOOD super thick chili.  A very good lesson I learned a while back was to make things ahead of time to let the ingredients mix well. So, the last 2.5 weeks I've been makin -A LOT- of chili. I will say that I had the camera turned on for a quick pic if it started to slide out. LOL

--ray--

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky