My Brick Pit/Tuscan Grill Project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just assumed that brick laying was your profession. That looks amazing!
Nope. I'm a magazine editor by day, but have been a DIYer since I was big enough to straighten nails for my dad. The first few hundred bricks might have been a bit wanky, but once you've worn the skin off your fingers a few times, you get the hang of it.

That is an absolute work of art. Really impressive and great work. Details are awesome. Lots of time design and effort. Just WOW. Like for sure. Congrats on you carousel ride as well...

Reactions: Chris B.
That's awesome. It's got plenty of options to get lots of smoking temp zones. Open for direct heat and food around the outside of the racks or a pizza stone in the center of the bottom rack over the hole to push heat to the outside of the racks. It would be a fun learning curve with a six probe digital therm temping all the levels. Nice

Absolutely Beautiful, Chris!!
I love it !!
You sure got something to be Proud of!!!
You even did the wood like I do to my Bear carvings---Burn (scorch) with a torch, Brush, and finish.
Like.

Bear

I want to build a brick smoker myself. But after seeing this... Wow!
That is 1000 times more intricate than anything I've thought of building. You went far past functional and created something beautiful. You should be very proud.

Not to pry, and I realized that construction supplies are somewhat regional. But what do you think you have in this?
Pm me if you don't want to say on the public forum.

Last edited:
Not to pry, and I realized that construction supplies are some regional. But what do you think you have in this?
Pm me if you don't want to say on the public forum.
No worries. I'd guess somewhere around $1400-$1600. Concrete slab was single most expensive part, at $550 for 2 yds delivered (it's extra-expensive to get small quantities delivered). Steel for the doors and racks and hardware was probably $300. Bricks were maybe $300. The rest is the concrete, mortar, lumber, mason's tools (broke a cheap trowel before buying a proper professional forged one), blades ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Binford 6100
Not nearly as bad as I expected.
Probably adds a little to your property value as well. Certainly that's an easy 5,000++ job to pay someone.
I would think that maybe 5-10 thousand back if you sold your house.

Beautiful work.

I see a "possible" later project down the road filling that hole in the center with a Earth type oven made from brick. ;) At least that would be my plan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky