My birthday is tomorrow, Saturday. I'm getting old!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
The only good thing about having a birthday at my age, I'll be 71 tomorrow, is I get to spend a couple of days at the smoker.

I just finished lunch. I had a sardine & onion sandwich, which is just about my favorite sandwich of all time.

The Lang is fired up with a rack of ribs on it.

Tomorrow morning Judy is making French toast with some of her homemade Challah bread. Probably have a beer with it too.

Not sure what I'll do for lunch, maybe some leftover ribs, if there are any.

I picked up a nice little Angus 2 bone prime rib for dinner tomorrow.

Judy is making me a cake, some exotic recipe off the internet. I'm sure it will be good.

All I gotta say is time sure flies by, enjoy every day cause some day you guys & gals will be right here where I'm at wondering where it all went.

Al

Al, you are almost as old as I am. You will soon spend a lot of time thinking about the here after like I do. Everytime I go into the next room, I wonder "what am I here after"!!!

Happy birthday.

Lamar

Happy birthday...

I'll be 52 next week, while not as experienced as you, I'm noticing how fast the yrs are ticking away.

Al pretty soon you may be singing to yourself
Code:
I didn't know what day it was when you walked into the roomI said hello and notice  Uhm noone here
th_blowing-out-candles-emoticon.gif
  Happy Birth Day and many more

Richie

Happy happy happy birthday there sir!! Hope your day is great and many more to come. 

A full & happy smoker on your birthday is good luck I hear. 

BD.gif

DS

Al, I know what you mean about wondering where the time went!  But hey, every day we're still breathing is a good day...right?

Happy Birthday, Brother, and here's hoping you have many more of them!!!

Red

The only good thing about having a birthday at my age, I'll be 71 tomorrow, is I get to spend a couple of days at the smoker.

I just finished lunch. I had a sardine & onion sandwich, which is just about my favorite sandwich of all time.

The Lang is fired up with a rack of ribs on it.

Tomorrow morning Judy is making French toast with some of her homemade Challah bread. Probably have a beer with it too.

Not sure what I'll do for lunch, maybe some leftover ribs, if there are any.

I picked up a nice little Angus 2 bone prime rib for dinner tomorrow.

Judy is making me a cake, some exotic recipe off the internet. I'm sure it will be good.

All I gotta say is time sure flies by, enjoy every day cause some day you guys & gals will be right here where I'm at wondering where it all went.

Al
Hey Al !!

You even got me by 2 years, you old Coot !!

It's our own fault we get old----All our lives "We Can't Wait"!!

Can't wait for Christmas

Can't wait for Supper

Can't wait for school to be out for Summer

Can't wait for Birthdays

Can't wait to be old enough to drive

Can't wait for Hunting Season

Can't wait for Fishing Season

Can't wait to be old enough to drink

Can't wait to come home from Vietnam & get out of Service

Can't wait for Hundreds of other things, and next thing ya know we're getting Old & we wished it !!!

Oh well, like I said, it's our own fault !!

BTW: Happy Birthday Al !!

Bear

Last edited:
Happy Birthday! Have a great day and IF you can stay awake a Great Night...JJ

Today is my birthday. The next time you can read my age right side up or upside down, I'll be 88.

It now takes all night long to do what I used to do all night long.

Happy birthday, Al. Many more

Bruce

Sorry, I need to clarify. I was talking about reciting poetry to my wife. The rest of me sortta still works fine. Didn't want to leave a false impression!

Bruce

Well it's Saturday & I'm officially 71.

Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky