• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My 3-2-1 ribs

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 11, 2020
Looking awesome! Got me hungry over here. Root beer glaze sounds quite interesting too.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
They look good how did they taste? Tell us more about the Root beer glaze

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Looks great , i second that about the glaze , tell us more about it
Thanks
David

THutson67

Joined Dec 5, 2020
Oh yeah,the ribs came out nicely too. Just almost "fall off the bone" but not quite. I mixed oak and cherry pellets 50/50 in the hopper and a smoke tube of cherry only. I pretty much adhered to the 321. I did the 3 at around 190* and the rest around 225-240*.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They look delicious!
Al

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Looking good!
I'm interested in the glaze as well. The first pic looks like a rub. Are the middle 2 pics the glaze going on?

THutson67

Joined Dec 5, 2020
Looking good!
I'm interested in the glaze as well. The first pic looks like a rub. Are the middle 2 pics the glaze going on?
No, I just used the glaze at the end, after removing the foil. The middle 2 have brown sugar, a quick stream of honey, and a quick stream of bbq sauce I added the cherry rub to. I did top and bottom in the foil. Then I added about a 1/4ish cup of apple juice/apple cider vinegar/water mix (equal parts) before closing up the foil.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
No, I just used the glaze at the end, after removing the foil. The middle 2 have brown sugar, a quick stream of honey, and a quick stream of bbq sauce I added the cherry rub to. I did top and bottom in the foil. Then I added about a 1/4ish cup of apple juice/apple cider vinegar/water mix (equal parts) before closing up the foil.
Thanks! That nice clean foil should have clued me. Duh!
Making my weekly Meijer run tomorrow so I'll look for it.

Hamdrew

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 17, 2021
root beer is delicious in the wrap phase, and works well with a ton of other flavors.

hint: use Barq's (originally not legally "root beer", it's much more of a sarsparilla) or a fancy sarsparilla

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.