My 3-2-1 ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

THutson67

Original poster
Dec 5, 2020
Indiana
And for the finali...St. Elmo's root beer glaze!

20210304_200349.jpg

They look good how did they taste? Tell us more about the Root beer glaze

Reactions: PPG1 and THutson67
Oh yeah,the ribs came out nicely too. Just almost "fall off the bone" but not quite. I mixed oak and cherry pellets 50/50 in the hopper and a smoke tube of cherry only. I pretty much adhered to the 321. I did the 3 at around 190* and the rest around 225-240*.

Looking good!
I'm interested in the glaze as well. The first pic looks like a rub. Are the middle 2 pics the glaze going on?
No, I just used the glaze at the end, after removing the foil. The middle 2 have brown sugar, a quick stream of honey, and a quick stream of bbq sauce I added the cherry rub to. I did top and bottom in the foil. Then I added about a 1/4ish cup of apple juice/apple cider vinegar/water mix (equal parts) before closing up the foil.

No, I just used the glaze at the end, after removing the foil. The middle 2 have brown sugar, a quick stream of honey, and a quick stream of bbq sauce I added the cherry rub to. I did top and bottom in the foil. Then I added about a 1/4ish cup of apple juice/apple cider vinegar/water mix (equal parts) before closing up the foil.
Thanks! That nice clean foil should have clued me. Duh!
Making my weekly Meijer run tomorrow so I'll look for it.

Reactions: THutson67
root beer is delicious in the wrap phase, and works well with a ton of other flavors.

hint: use Barq's (originally not legally "root beer", it's much more of a sarsparilla) or a fancy sarsparilla

Reactions: THutson67
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky