Mr Busy Gets a Breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Yesterday I spent the day clearing and carry stuff so the boat would fit comfortable in the garage. Man was that ever a chore, but it's done.
DSCN1910.JPG

Up early this morning to load the two Honda 2000's into the truck so my Lance camper could come home to live forever on the side of the house where the boat used to be. It was 7:15 and about 85º by the time I got to the storage place. It took about an hour of lumping the generators around and getting lined up to get her loaded, back home at 8:45 covered with sweat, but home!
DSCN1908.JPG

After a immediate dip in the pool with Bob it was time to fire up the BS flat top and start to working on brekky. I heated up both sides of the griddle and then shut the right side down just for warming, it still seems to stay about 290º, while the one on the left is turned down as low as it'll go, around 520º. First up was some red taters and onions
DSCN1911.JPG

Next up was some of my thick sliced maple bacon, I even got to use my new bacon press, I like it!
DSCN1912.JPG

Then it was time for four eggs, one had a busted yolk, comes down to fast for pics, have to pay attention and get things plated.
DSCN1913.JPG

What a great start to a already productive morning! The flat top did a perfect job on my bacon, beautiful limber golden brown, just can't do that in a frying pan, wants to burn the sugars. The eggs and taters were just the way I like them, mopped everything up with a flour tortilla. My wife Jan came out and cleared away my plates, I wiped down the griddle with a couple of paper towels and put the top back on, then jumped right back into the pool, it's gonna be a scorcher here today, about 112º. Thanks for lookin' in, and stay safe! RAY

Sounds like a hell of a morning Ray. That's a big ass camper top! Breakfast looks great. If it was 112 here I would spend all day in the pool with a cooler of cold ones. BIG LIKE buddy don't work too hard!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great looking breakfast Ray. That must have hit the spot after a hard mornings work. With all these SMF folks coming over to drink beer and use your pool. You better get some of that urine dye. Follow the trail my friend - follow the trail.

Point for sure
Chris

Sounds like a hell of a morning Ray. That's a big ass camper top! Breakfast looks great. If it was 112 here I would spend all day in the pool with a cooler of cold ones. BIG LIKE buddy don't work too hard!

Thank John! The camper being home means we can once again go out and do some exploring without having to worry about restrooms, restaurants, or motels. It's got a fridge, freezer, stove , oven ,shower and head, AC, microwave, and satellite TV / DVD player. We figure every night we spend in it the last five years is worth a easy $300, a lot more now with the pandemic. I'm able to tow the boat at 75mph hour and get about 12.5mpg with my diesel truck, with the two generators we get to some remote lakes where we can go a couple of weeks without having to see anyone. It's almost like being quarantined at home with Bob, except it's not! Thanks for the Like John, much appreciated. RAY

Nice looking breakfast ray

Thanks Jake, hit the spot for sure! RAY

Well deserved breakfast. Stay cool, suppose to be blistering hot.

It started out the day warm and has been heating up bigtime, 107º at 2pm. Not going to be all that bad, now they're saying a high of 110º today. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Good looking breakfast Ray! And a nice camper. I think I'll be in the pool with SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan helping him empty his cooler! That's hot Ryan

I tell ya Ryan, there's something about jumping into the pool when you're hot and sweaty that's plain darned hard to beat! A pool was one of my three requirements for moving here, glad I stuck to mu guns, couldn't live in the desert without one. Thanx for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Good productive morning! That bacon looks fantastic! As does everything else! Very nice!

Thank you Travis! I was thrilled to see the flat top wouldn't burn up my bacon, so much better than a frying pan, I had no idea. Thank you for the Like Travis, I do appreciate it. RAY

that's a great looking breakfast Ray, those eggs are perfect

Thanks Jim, that how I like them, sunny-side-up and runny yolks, give me something to mop up right at the very end of eating. Thank you for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

Great looking breakfast Ray. That must have hit the spot after a hard mornings work. With all these SMF folks coming over to drink beer and use your pool. You better get some of that urine dye. Follow the trail my friend - follow the trail. Point for sure Chris

Hell Chris, if they knew how much I pissed in my pool they just stay home! Thanks for the Lke Chris, much appreciated. RAY

Certainly a well deserved and good looking breakfast! I'm with the others that mentioned a few cold beverages and long day in the water after all that work

Thank John! The camper being home means we can once again go out and do some exploring without having to worry about restrooms, restaurants, or motels. It's got a fridge, freezer, stove , oven ,shower and head, AC, microwave, and satellite TV / DVD player. We figure every night we spend in it the last five years is worth a easy $300, a lot more now with the pandemic. I'm able to tow the boat at 75mph hour and get about 12.5mpg with my diesel truck, with the two generators we get to some remote lakes where we can go a couple of weeks without having to see anyone. It's almost like being quarantined at home with Bob, except it's not! Thanks for the Like John, much appreciated. RAY
I call that a slice of Heaven!

Dave

Nice Toys & Great Breakfast, Ray!! 112°---You better take a breather!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks John! The older I get the more toys I acquire to try to make my life a little easier and keep doing what I like to do. Nobody ever gave me a dammed thing, I've worked to crippling myself to have what I do, I ain't embarrassed about jack s$-t. I was kind of happy to find I could still handle a generator on each side of my body. tho they seem to get heavier every year. Use it or lose it, and I'll hurt tomorrow for sure, and then use it again, it's what I gotta do. RAY

• Love
Reactions: forktender
Certainly a well deserved and good looking breakfast! I'm with the others that mentioned a few cold beverages and long day in the water after all that work

Thanks Tander! I been used to the work my whole life, it's really nice to be able to enjoy the rewards later in life, especially when it's so darned hot! RAY

kruizer kruizer , thank you for the like, it's very much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: tander28
That breakfast looks great Ray. The Bacon is especially nice. The press really does the trick, and of course the BS Griddle. Enjoy!

Mike

That breakfast looks great Ray. The Bacon is especially nice. The press really does the trick, and of course the BS Griddle. Enjoy! Mike

I thank you Mike and couldn't agree more! The star of this entire cook was my home made thick sliced maple bacon, 4 slices were a half a pound. My bacon doesn't cook up like this in a fry pan no matter how low I turn the heat down , a constant struggle to keep it from blackening, sometimes takes more that 20 minutes. The BS flat top was about five minutes on a griddle that was 520º, I have no idea how that miracle occurs, bit I love it! Soon to come, the Ranger 2 Camp Chef stove setup right on the other side of the flat top. Way too hot here to cook inside when we don't have to. Oh, thank you for the Like Mike, I truly do appreciate it. RAY

Can't wait to see that setup. I'm in Ga. where it only gets near 100 or 102, 3-5 times a year, and it's too hot for me. But we have a lot of humidity most of the time, which makes it worse. But nothing compared to your 108-112 on a regular basis.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky