Mother’s Day Tenderloin and Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lancep

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
North Mississippi
Mrs P said she wanted something from the grill for her special dinner today. “You mean I have to sit outside drinking beer and pitching wood in the smoker for Mother’s Day? OK!!” Anyway, since fresh meat has been pretty hard to come by here in north Mississippi, tenderloin was what I had. No matter, nice easy smoke. Miss Amy wanted a teriyaki hint to the pork I did a quick search and found something I could use which turned out excellent. Pulled at 140* IT. Here it is plated with smoked kielbasa, roasted potatoes and carrots, and roasted broccoli and whole garlic cloves. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
41D1AC14-4FC5-49C1-9C8B-05608CC56B39.jpeg

NICE! My Mrs. Wanted Old Fashioned Roast Chicken. I said, OK, let the Kids, 23 and 27, know...Nope! She wants ME to cook! I Spoiled her Rotten...JJ

Very nice cook. Nothing better then drinking beer outside and pitching wood in the smoker.

Reactions: lancep
Great looking plate Lance, I'm sure Mrs P really enjoyed it.

Well from the looks of your plate it's easy to see that you guys love garlic as much as we do in our house.

When I was a little kid my Nonna used to give us raw garlic cloves to eat anytime we were sick or had a sore throat, it's the Sicilian version of Jewish Penicillin. My stomach can't handle it straight up raw any longer, but we eat a ton of roasted garlic and my favorite pickled garlic I make up 6 qts at a time. If you haven't tried it make some up it's super easy a big hit around here and the longer they sit in the pickling liquid the better they get. And if you like bread and butter pickles you absolutely must make up some bread and butter garlic cloves. I kinda fell onto this one by adding a bunch to the leftover brine from some B&B pickles, now I make spicy B&B garlic by adding half a jar of sliced fresh jalapenos, they are best after they sit in the brine for 2-3 weeks, but they never last that long around here.:emoji_joy:

Mrs K is spoiled as well it's my way of thanking her for putting up with my crap for so many years.
Her Mothers day will be Wed or Thursday she works shifts and weird nights at the hospital so most of our holidays are a day or two after everyone else's.

Try the B&B garlic you won't be sorry.
Dan

Reactions: lancep
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky