Morning Coffee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Post yours up.

Mine is Arbuckle's mexicali in my 509th cup.
IMG_7091.JPG

I'm a Death Wish coffee drinker from way back when you had to order it from NY, now its in the local groceries. A pot a day out of my Yeti travel cup.

Jim

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Cut out my morning coffee and now have a calorie free energy drink from my Sodastream.

In the afternoon, I make a cup (really 2) of coffee in my Yeti using the pour over method. The coffee is from a local roaster - changes quite frequently - and I ground it up myself so it’s fresh. After the coffee is made, a little bit of creamer is added for some flavor.

Love a good cup of coffee!

Reactions: chopsaw
Check out some videos on YouTube.

Used to do k-cups, moved to French press, and have been using the pour over method for over 5 years at least.

I believe it is the best process to brew a cup of coffee as it is more robust and balanced. Takes time, but I don’t mind that when only doing it once a day.

I grind beans from Onyx Coffee Lab's Southern Weather. It's a medium roast that we really like.

Always served in my "Granddad" Yeti mug...

1706040218143.png

This is a subject I'm passionate about - love a great cup of coffee! If you haven't seen it, I talked at length about the subject some time back in this thread:

Red

Attachments

• 1706040043103.png
    1706040043103.png
    715.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I grind beans from Onyx Coffee Lab's Southern Weather. It's a medium roast that we really like.

Always served in my "Granddad" Yeti mug...

View attachment 686535

This is a subject I'm passionate about - love a great cup of coffee! If you haven't seen it, I talked at length about the subject some time back in this thread:

Red

Same here, Red. Love a good bean.

Reactions: seenred
I don't drink the stuff but MUST keep the wife in coffee for the morning or the monster appears :emoji_laughing: K cups multiple kinds but dark roast most of the time a med roast once in awhile and I make sure she has multiple choices in the K pod holder that sits beside the coffee maker. It's a multi-level and holds like 50 or 60 of those k cups and I grab lots of different kinds to mix in so she has a good choice. Yes I buy most of the coffee either online or on sale usually. You know happy wife happy life. Oh and it goes into an R-Tic cup or mug if she's going out anywhere past the porch she has a bunch of them in different colors and most have a water bottle to match because she MUST take water she doesn't like that city water they have. Yes I bought the cups and water bottles again Happy wife happy life

I used the green mountain pods for a lot of years while working and liked several flavors, had always drank Folgers Classic Roast before pods, black silk and blonde silk are pretty good in the pot , .50 a cup for pods and now that I'm retired I have to cut corners and don't miss it lol

What's the secret to that ? I have the " thing " but it never comes out . Maybe I use to much coffee .
I use my scale, about 15g coffee maybe a bit more per 100ml of coffee.

My mug is an old diner mug. I make enough to fill up my little thermos each morning.

Coffee roasting is like curing meats or making sausage, it is a rabbit hole that is easy to sucked into.

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_163715356.jpg
    IMG_20240123_163715356.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky