Morning Coffee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Folgers classic roast... BUNN coffee pot, two pots a day... on occasion wife forgets to add more coffee when making the 2nd pot... the color is a dead giveaway!
Must be getting old... still drinking coffee at 2 in the afternoon sometimes.
Ever wonder why your coffee seems like it gets cold enough like it just came out of the fridge and nothing else does?

Ryan

I looked for a perculator forever! I remember the one you posted from growing up, my grandmother used to use them. I finally found one in the camping section and sportsman's warehouse.
Good to know , thank you .

Even though it is the same as the one mom used. It was Cliff clifish clifish that posted the picture of the one his mother still uses .

David

When I'm out n' about and need black coffee, I look for the West Coast staple of Pete's Coffee. It is SOOOO much better than Starbucks IMO.

I've had mixed or inconsistent results from local roasters and stopped trying them. Most don't last long. Coffee often tastes burnt from either too long a roast or time in the pot. I like strong Arabica coffee, and can tell instantly when Robusta has been added or used. Maybe I'll give a local roaster a try again now that many are offering pour-over coffees.

Good to know , thank you .

Even though it is the same as the one mom used. It was Cliff clifish clifish that posted the picture of the one his mother still uses .

David
Not sure where my smaller one came from. (Mom &Pops???mybe) but I used it for camping and when my Black & Decker drip one broke down. When I was married my then wife bought one that would feed an Army at breakfast. Both are in my RV trailer along with my RV toaster :emoji_thumbsup:
screenshot-www.amazon.ca-2024.01.26-13_48_24.png

I drink the same thing everyday unless some out of control circumstance arises. Caribou mahogany in my little el cheapo 5 cup pot. I've been tempted over the years to try something different like a pour over or maybe a french press but I just haven't put in the time to research the pros and cons. And I love those toasters for camping!!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I never liked it , but when I started working outside coffee was the only heat we had .
Hooked on it now .
I can understand that. Occasionally I'll have a hot chocolate on a cold morning.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Coffee story: Before I reached 10 years old, my old man had a second job delivering the LA Times by car every morning to home and business subscribers. He'd arrive by 3 AM at the nearby distribution center, use an automated string-tie machine to bind each of the 300+ papers he'd fold, then deliver each one by car. If it was raining (or predicted), each one had to go in a plastic bag, too. My job was to help with all the above.

Once we loaded the car, a VW bug, I sat on the papers in the back seat and kept the passenger seat loaded with papers placed a specific way. Dad had a particular technique for tossing papers out the left side, and over the top of the car for the right side. He drove down the middle of the street tossing papers without stopping. It amazed me how he always hit the driveways, not the lawn or bushes. I could not fall asleep, though, until the back seat was empty.

It was his paper route, and later mine with a different newspaper and bycicle, that started me on coffee; Folgers mostly, and occasionally Maxwell House, made in a percolator. I used lots of sugar as a kid, and he drank his black. Two thermoses provided all we needed.

I cannot drink either Folgers or Maxwell House now but I do love my coffee.

Kind of funny, I never heard of the Black Rifle company till my son cleaned out his truck yesterday and broght in his coffee mugs. LOL
View attachment 687166
AWSOME company and quality cofee. Founded by a retired green beret Evan Hafer. They hire a lot of veterans and do a lot of veteran outreach. They have AWSOME coffee and funny videos from Matt best, a former 75th Ranger. They have physical stores here and there but most of their business in online. Check their website for products and YouTube for funny videos and AWSOME interviews including members from MACV-SOG.. no I do not work for them either!

Reactions: KBFlyer
Have the elect per from the RV days with Arbuckle's Mexicali.

IMG_7274.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
I'll proffer a coffee anecdote. Being a Baton Rouge native, coffee every morning is a given, I assumed, since I never met anyone that did not have coffee in the morning. And probably 75% of those morning coffee drinkers: 1) Will not do ANYTHING until we/they have coffee. Literally. 2) This applies to children as well, and I mean every kid I knew, also had coffee in the AM.

It starts around kindergarten age and it is "coffee milk", 1/2 coffee, 1/2 milk. As we got older the ratio of coffee to milk would gravitate. By junior high, it was a regular cup of coffee (most Louisiaians drink coffee with bit of sugar and a splash of milk or "coffee mate", a creamer if you will).

Well fast forward some years and I live in Texas. My son was born in Lafayette, but has been in Texas since he was 1 1/2. When he was around 9 or 10, or something like that, he went to a slumber party for some kid's Birthday.

Fairly early the next morning we get a call from the kid's parents : "your son is asking for coffee and swears he has coffee every morning at home". We told them "yes, he can have coffee". So he did. None of the other kids were from Louisiana and the parents were surprised at my son's request.

OK, enough rambling. French press River Road Coffee. My uncle started the business and now my cousins owns and runs it. It is hard for us to drink anything else. I have 7 bags of whole bean River Road Coffee sent regularly. We DO NOT run out.

We have 3 French Presses, a 53, 56, 60 ounce. Gotta have one ready to go every morning.

tempImage7DnprW.png

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky