More cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
N. Central Idaho
I couldn't believe it,,, last yr this time of yr it was 103 Average,,,, We had a cold front move it and produced snow in the mountains and rain here in the valley,,, but cold enough to do some cheese. 

Been a while since I had seen these kinds of temps this time of the yr. only 74 here for a high. 

So took 4 lbs a cheddar and 4 lbs of Pepper jack that has been sitting in the beer fridge and cut them up into pieces,,,

Inside smoker temp,,, just right 

Never used this flavor before 

Didn't get much color on this batch but it did get my supply back up for the summer,,,, trading material for canned goods 

Thanks for looking 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Last edited:
Looks good. I am running low on pepper jack and mozz.

So hows the plum apple?

Hope to know in 2 - 3 weeks,,,, I am completely out of Horseradish cheese ,,,, that stuff is to die for. 

DS

Horseradish cheese?   HMMMMMMMM

Ever try the Italian Spice from Todd?     Good smoke for cured meats, bet its good on cheese.   I use a lot of wine barrel on cheese.

DS Looks good to hot here and I still have to redo my mailbox,so it fits the Blue Tooth

Richie

Nice job on the cheese DS!

Good thing I made a lot last winter, cause it will be a while before I can make more.

The heat down here has been brutal this summer.

Al

Horseradish cheese?   HMMMMMMMM

Ever try the Italian Spice from Todd?     Good smoke for cured meats, bet its good on cheese.   I use a lot of wine barrel on cheese.
Todd's Italian spice on cheese is great. Have 5 lbs chilling in fridge for two more weeks
Will have to give the Italian spice a try,

Thanks guys.

DS Looks good to hot here and I still have to redo my mailbox,so it fits the Blue Tooth

Richie
Thanks Richie, hope your build comes along fine,,, which I know it will 

Nice job on the cheese DS!

Good thing I made a lot last winter, cause it will be a while before I can make more.

The heat down here has been brutal this summer.

Al
Thanks Al, ya, I thought I had enough,,, too many friends found out about it thou LOL 
Smoking cheese is my winter activity. The trick is
To smoke enough to have for the hot months... Never
Have enough ..
Yep,,, I like to do the same,,, just I give too much away LOL - your right you can never have enough. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky