Moppin sauce for brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tybo6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Newalla,Oklahoma
Was wonderin if any one has tried to use just good ol straight italian dressing for a moppin sauce?
Gonna pull an all nighter with a 13pounder for wifes B-day dinner tomorrow night.....I got a tuscany house Italian dressing I thought about usin for the mop....Any thoughts on that would be appreciated...Thanx guys.............Yes there will be Q-view

its either jack daniels or famous daves.. but, they have this Apricot Bourbon sauce that is REALLY good for a brisket mop. I mixed some cajun seasoning to give it a little twang and it was a really good sweat spicey combination.

I've heard a lot of people mention italian dressing though. i should try it sometime.

I have also seen a ton of mentions about Italian dressing. I personally go with a mixture of Jack Daniels and Apple Juice. Get a really nice bark from the carmelization of the sugars in the whiskey and juice.

Not quite what you were asking for, but I have a brisket on right now and am using the following:

1 bottle Guinness
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2.5 handfuls rub (yea, it's that accurate)
1-2 Tbl red pepper flake
1-2 "bloops" of EVOO
2 Tbl Claude's Brisket Marinade Sauce

Stir well, apply every hour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky