Rub for ribs to be used with Traditional NC vinegar pepper sauce.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyb

Original poster
Jun 5, 2022
Greetings…I am looking for a good rub to be used on ribs, that will be smoked and basted with a Traditional North Carolina vinegar pepper sauce (Dads Mop Sauce)
Thanks for any suggestions!
Sandyb

Reactions: JLeonard
Hmm. Never done ribs with carolina sauce. I'd think something with a sweet side to offset the vinegar bite would make sense. There's a bunch of store boughts that would fit the bill, maybe Malcolm's Killer Hogs or something sweet from the Dizzy Pig assortment. I'd be interested to see what you go with.

Never done just ribs, but have done butts, shoulders, and whole or half hogs with a vinegar pepper mop. It's my wife's favorite sauce with pulled pork. I use salt & pepper and then mop with the vinegar pepper sauce. I keep a small pot of the sauce warm and melt maybe a ½ stick of butter or so in it, too...

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky