Mommy's Day Grilled Porterhouse (New Grate)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like the grates work good bear, steak looks excellant, pie looks great also I'll take care of the cave in for ya.

Thank You Jim!!
Thanks for taking care of the Cave-in too!!
And For the Like.

Bear

Looks great John. Steak cooked to perfection and that Peach Crumb delicious. That new Grate looks Great!
Is there a recipe for that Peach Crumb? Asking for a friend, lol.

Thank You Mike!!
Pretty easy actual.
Store Pie Crust, 2 cans of Peach Pie filling (28 oz each), Dump that in crust.
Then Mix Flour, white sugar, brown sugar, and Butter, and cut that up onto the top.
Bake @ 375° for 40 minutes. If it starts to get too brown, put foil over it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
The steak looks to be cooked perfectly! Could sure go for a slice of that peach pie that Ms. Bear made too.

Very nicely done!

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice as always Bear, little pink for me but that's how I cook for others as that's what most want it done.
But now you know me I'm all about the sweetness , and the peach pie hits the spot. Mrs. Bear has done it again. Little vanilla ice cream on the side ....Heaven
Thanks for sharing Bear

David

Nicey done Mr and Mrs Bear! Steak looks perfect to me. I would dive into that peach cobbler!!!

Thank You Brian!!
Appreciate The Compliments!

Bear

Oiling it should actually help with the grill marks, that's a restaurant trick (dredging in oil) for pretty steaks.. It might just not've been hot enough, or on the grate long enough. Crossing it (rotating 90*) as its first movement, BEFORE flipping it, seems to help at least a little bit, too. That side of the steak is hotter/doesn't have time to cool down

Thanks Ham!!
I know what you mean, but this one was My fault. I was spraying oil on the grill, and the can was almost empty, so I kept spraying it until the can was empty. The oil was floating on the surface, and after 15 years of Nice Dark Black Grill Marks, these were very light, almost non-existent. Lesson Learned.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking meal Bear! I'm confident you will have those new grill grates figured out in short order. Actually they don't look bad to me. No reason to be so hard on yourself.

What a great Mothers Day meal steak my way and you wouldn't of had any cave in on that pie I would have done away with the whole pie. Yup just add a little vanilla ice cream.

Warren

The steak looks to be cooked perfectly! Could sure go for a slice of that peach pie that Ms. Bear made too.

Very nicely done!

Thank You Joe!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice as always Bear, little pink for me but that's how I cook for others as that's what most want it done.
But now you know me I'm all about the sweetness , and the peach pie hits the spot. Mrs. Bear has done it again. Little vanilla ice cream on the side ....Heaven
Thanks for sharing Bear

David

Thank You David!!
LOL---I knew you'd like that Pie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great looking meal Bear! I'm confident you will have those new grill grates figured out in short order. Actually they don't look bad to me. No reason to be so hard on yourself.

Thank You Victim!!
I just gotta not put so much oil on the Grate.
I'll be alright---Not my first screw-up. :emoji_wink:

Bear

What a great Mothers Day meal steak my way and you wouldn't of had any cave in on that pie I would have done away with the whole pie. Yup just add a little vanilla ice cream.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Grilled Porterhouse (New Grate)

I finally got to put my new Grill Grate in my Weber “Q”.
I got it for Christmas from Bear Jr, and it should be a lot easier to clean, without all the cracks & separations in the Cast.

So first I marinated the Porterhouse in some Japanese Teriyaki stuff I wanted to get rid of.
Then I fired up the Weber “Q” until it got to almost 500°.
Then I flipped the Porterhouse around a few times until I got it where we like it.
It was a little rare, but close enough, so Mrs Bear carried it in for me.
My First helping was accompanied by Half a Baked Potato & some mixed Veggies.

Then for Dessert, Mrs Bear made us a Peach Crumb Pie.
That was Tasty Too.

BTW: Bear Jr made something (in his Cabinet Shop) for Mrs Bear for Mommy’s Day, but I’ll post that tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

One Small Porterhouse Marinating in Teriyaki:
View attachment 495884

Replaced my 16 year old Grill Grate with this Christmas Present, and put the Steak on it:
View attachment 495885

After One Flip:
View attachment 495886

Two Flips:
View attachment 495887

3 Flips---Grill marks aren't as dark as usual---Maybe because I oiled it good, because it's new???:
View attachment 495888

Bear's First Helping:
View attachment 495889

Mrs Bear made a Peach Crumb:
View attachment 495890

Bear's First Piece of Pie:
View attachment 495891

A little too fresh yet---Had a Cave-in after removing our two pieces. Well fix that tomorrow:
View attachment 495892
Yum! I smoked some nice prime rib-eyes last weekend. Did I get nice photos like this? NO! I blame the vodka.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky