Mississippi Mud Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
Wow I never seen or heard of this but Iowa is miles from Mississippi. The ingredients and the main attraction is a meaty chunk roast.
57185BC1-2774-42E8-90A6-64F0AF002441.jpeg

Ready for the 8 hour cook
E95708A0-83B6-4D16-A9D6-8FC64D3AE908.jpeg

Ready to shred
D2166ACF-7765-43E9-A5D8-8934B77C46BE.jpeg

All shredded up
C5573867-E816-4525-B538-F8CA1604DE63.jpeg

Homemade baked beans topped with homemade bacon
A52CF954-4641-4879-A819-857950505FBA.jpeg

Served with mashed potatoes and ready to get stuffed.
124A2ECB-01B4-4187-924A-52E1B3B8485D.jpeg

I made this dish last night with a venison sirloin roast, let it go all night and today in the crock pot. Just finished eating a bowl....It's a great recipe. Glad it is finally making it's way out of the deep south, we've been cooking it like that for a while now.....Your roast looks great too!

Reactions: Ishi and TNJAKE
Looks great Ishi ! Big ole plateful of rib sticking meal!

Ryan

Reactions: Ishi
My wife's from Tenn, she's been making this at our house for 40 years, about every two years it pops up again on my plate.

That looks great . Been doing them for a while here too . Great flavor .
Nice work .

Dang good looking plate! Like Jake said, smoke your roast for a few hours then into the crockpot. Takes it to a whole new level. And the left overs make a darn good sammich.
Jim

Reactions: Ishi and TNJAKE
Nice work! My wife makes this quite a bit and it is always a huge hit!

The whole meal looks excellent! I've done the pot roast a couple of times after seeing some of the posts, and it's becoming one of our favorites. Love the leftovers in a sammy with some yellow mustard!

I made this dish last night with a venison sirloin roast, let it go all night and today in the crock pot. Just finished eating a bowl....It's a great recipe. Glad it is finally making it's way out of the deep south, we've been cooking it like that for a while now.....Your roast looks great too!

If you have any more Deep South recipes please pass them along

The whole meal looks excellent! I've done the pot roast a couple of times after seeing some of the posts, and it's becoming one of our favorites. Love the leftovers in a sammy with some yellow mustard!

Thank you!

Dang good looking plate! Like Jake said, smoke your roast for a few hours then into the crockpot. Takes it to a whole new level. And the left overs make a darn good sammich.
Jim
I was going to smoke it but the weather wasn’t cooperating. Next time the smoker will be put to use.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great! The wife has been making the Mississippi pot roast in the crock for a few years now, it’s awesome. Never smoked the chuck prior to going in the crockpot though, that’s something I want to do.

I made one for the first time yesterday. Did the whole thing on the pellet grill. One thing I would do differently would be to put more Pepperoncini's on top of the roast. The smoked ones were awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky