• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

midnight pulled pork - updated with QView

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Awesome Princess Girl!!!! Glad it was a success and everything turned out so well. Now get some well deserved rest!! Hugs!!!!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Princess  - Congrats on a job well done!! Great q-view and I really like that deep mahogany color on those butts. You know you have hit the nail on the head when folks start compairing your que with the best que place in town.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
This is a great thread!!

Thanks for sharing!!

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Lots of thanks to Squirrel, hdspringer, Dutch and fpnmf for the great compliments.  This was really a LOT of fun and look forward to more!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
GREAT JOB!!!!

Looks like you are going to be giving XXX smomkehouse a run for the money real soon.       "They were just gorgeous, and at $3/lb a tremendous savings"

If butts were $3 lb here they would have been eating spam or lunch meat.

I gripe when they go over  $1 a lb.

Last edited:

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Woot! Great job Princess! Always nice to knock one out of the park on your first try, everything looks awesome!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Great job princess - you knocked this one out of the park for sure. Glad you got by that smokehouse in time to pick up some food LOL

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That was superb Princess !!!!!

This is definitely one of the best posts I have ever seen.

You knocked it all out of the park !

Thanks for the blow by blow description too---Truly a joy to read!

There should be a new TV program---"The Princess, The Squirrel, and The Cowgirl Smoke Up the World".............

Bear

Last edited:

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Thanks, eman!!
To be fair, our butcher (who I *highly* recommend) gets really good, local pork.  And $3 is STILL a helluva lot better than the $15/lb I *almost* ended up paying. :)

Cheers!

-Princess
GREAT JOB!!!!

Looks like you are going to be giving XXX smomkehouse a run for the money real soon.       "They were just gorgeous, and at $3/lb a tremendous savings"

If butts were $3 lb here they would have been eating spam or lunch meat.

I gripe when they go over  $1 a lb.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Three more "thank you's" to JIRodriguez, Scarbelly & Bearcarver.  Its nice to give back a fun smoke post when I get so much enjoyment out of reading all of yours!  After this, I am no longer afraid of my smoker!

Seriously, Bearcarver... you couldn't HANDLE it fi the Cowgirl and the Squirrel let me tag along with their mad skills!! We'd kill it!

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Looks great Princess!! Glad you got to enjoy yourself after all the work. BTW I turn 2 (+50) in April, whatcha gonna fix for Me? LOL

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Princess, Everything looks great and nice Qview and info . Your life is now changed forever. What a great complement from you friend.

Since, you only live about 2 hours away, I am challenging you to a Pulled Pork Throw Down. 

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2008
okay I'm inspired, time to pull the pork shoulders out of the freezer, I just hope this weekend I'm not freezing myself while tending the smoker...

Looks great, and from what I see you never had any reason to be afraid.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Looks great Princess!! Glad you got to enjoy yourself after all the work. BTW I turn 2 (+50) in April, whatcha gonna fix for Me? LOL
How about cowgirl's Apple Dumplings? If you have not seen that post, it is drool-worthy. But you'd have to drive to Indiana!!

Princess, Everything looks great and nice Qview and info . Your life is now changed forever. What a great complement from you friend.

Since, you only live about 2 hours away, I am challenging you to a Pulled Pork Throw Down. 
Done and DONE!  
  My in-laws are in Michigan City... are you far from there?

AWESOME JOB!!!  i just ate lunch and i'm getting hungry again 
Thank you!!
okay I'm inspired, time to pull the pork shoulders out of the freezer, I just hope this weekend I'm not freezing myself while tending the smoker...

Thank you!! Having warm boots to tug on and off as I keep checking and spritzing was a real help!

Wow everything looks great! And good pix of your Shiba Inu.
::GRINS::  Yay!! Most people don't know what a Shiba is!! Mine is a rescue, we have had him for about eight years, he is probably ten or twelve. He is super sweet and LOVES that smoker as much as everyone else in the house! 

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
WOW!!

FANTASTIC!!

Did you have enough smokey flavor for your liking?  It's great that your friend thought it was from XXX Smokehouse. 

Now You're Hooked!

Another Member of the "A-MAZE-N-ARMY"!

Todd

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2008

Thank you!! Having warm boots to tug on and off as I keep checking and spritzing was a real help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks