midnight pulled pork - updated with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome Princess Girl!!!! Glad it was a success and everything turned out so well. Now get some well deserved rest!! Hugs!!!!

Princess  - Congrats on a job well done!! Great q-view and I really like that deep mahogany color on those butts. You know you have hit the nail on the head when folks start compairing your que with the best que place in town.

This is a great thread!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lots of thanks to Squirrel, hdspringer, Dutch and fpnmf for the great compliments.  This was really a LOT of fun and look forward to more!

GREAT JOB!!!!

Looks like you are going to be giving XXX smomkehouse a run for the money real soon.       "They were just gorgeous, and at $3/lb a tremendous savings"

If butts were $3 lb here they would have been eating spam or lunch meat.

I gripe when they go over  $1 a lb.

Last edited:
Woot! Great job Princess! Always nice to knock one out of the park on your first try, everything looks awesome!

Great job princess - you knocked this one out of the park for sure. Glad you got by that smokehouse in time to pick up some food LOL

That was superb Princess !!!!!

This is definitely one of the best posts I have ever seen.

You knocked it all out of the park !

Thanks for the blow by blow description too---Truly a joy to read!

There should be a new TV program---"The Princess, The Squirrel, and The Cowgirl Smoke Up the World".............

Bear

Last edited:
Thanks, eman!!
To be fair, our butcher (who I *highly* recommend) gets really good, local pork.  And $3 is STILL a helluva lot better than the $15/lb I *almost* ended up paying. :)

Cheers!

-Princess
GREAT JOB!!!!

Looks like you are going to be giving XXX smomkehouse a run for the money real soon.       "They were just gorgeous, and at $3/lb a tremendous savings"

If butts were $3 lb here they would have been eating spam or lunch meat.

I gripe when they go over  $1 a lb.

Three more "thank you's" to JIRodriguez, Scarbelly & Bearcarver.  Its nice to give back a fun smoke post when I get so much enjoyment out of reading all of yours!  After this, I am no longer afraid of my smoker!

Seriously, Bearcarver... you couldn't HANDLE it fi the Cowgirl and the Squirrel let me tag along with their mad skills!! We'd kill it!
cool.gif

Princess, Everything looks great and nice Qview and info . Your life is now changed forever. What a great complement from you friend.

Since, you only live about 2 hours away, I am challenging you to a Pulled Pork Throw Down. 
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

okay I'm inspired, time to pull the pork shoulders out of the freezer, I just hope this weekend I'm not freezing myself while tending the smoker...

Looks great, and from what I see you never had any reason to be afraid.

Looks great Princess!! Glad you got to enjoy yourself after all the work. BTW I turn 2 (+50) in April, whatcha gonna fix for Me? LOL
How about cowgirl's Apple Dumplings? If you have not seen that post, it is drool-worthy. But you'd have to drive to Indiana!!

Princess, Everything looks great and nice Qview and info . Your life is now changed forever. What a great complement from you friend.

Since, you only live about 2 hours away, I am challenging you to a Pulled Pork Throw Down. 
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
Done and DONE!  
icon_mrgreen.gif
  My in-laws are in Michigan City... are you far from there?

AWESOME JOB!!!  i just ate lunch and i'm getting hungry again 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thank you!!
okay I'm inspired, time to pull the pork shoulders out of the freezer, I just hope this weekend I'm not freezing myself while tending the smoker...

Looks great, and from what I see you never had any reason to be afraid.
Thank you!! Having warm boots to tug on and off as I keep checking and spritzing was a real help!

Wow everything looks great! And good pix of your Shiba Inu.
::GRINS::  Yay!! Most people don't know what a Shiba is!! Mine is a rescue, we have had him for about eight years, he is probably ten or twelve. He is super sweet and LOVES that smoker as much as everyone else in the house! 

WOW!!

FANTASTIC!!

Did you have enough smokey flavor for your liking?  It's great that your friend thought it was from XXX Smokehouse. 

Now You're Hooked!

Another Member of the "A-MAZE-N-ARMY"!

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky