Michigan Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sal Barsanti

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2018
Webberville, MI
New to the page and ready to smoke 60lbs of pork butt this week. I've done ribs, chicken, pork, turkey, salmon and chicken wings previously. But, never 60lbs of pork butt at one time.

This will be a challenge.

I'll need to plan out my beer and cigars for the duration.

Thank you Smokin Al. Have you ever fished the St. Johns River? Near Welaka/Pelaka. I've caught a few bass on that body of water over the years.

No I haven't, I pretty much stick to fishing in my backyard.
I've caught an 8.5 pounder, & my wife caught a 10 pounder out back, those are the biggest we have caught to date.
But usually they run 2-5 lbs.
Al

Welcome to SMF.

There are a bunch of us around southeast Michigan here.
One guy in Fowlerville by you.
There is a Michigan members group you can join if you wish. There is a get together by you some years with a bunch of us smokers here.
Have fun and best of luck doing those butts.

Oh, boy. The pork turned out really well. Rave reviews. I'm goad that is behind me. pork 20180706_145636.jpg

All in all, it went very well. 12hrs and 45 min of smoking. No problems popped up. It was 92 degrees that day so maybe that helped conserve my charcoal?
pork IMG_4208.jpg
Went with a black pepper based rub that worked out nicely. We had left over so we put it in 1 gallon bags and froze. Hopefully that will keep it with out freezer burn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky