MES Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke signal

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
NW Ohio
Planning short ribs for a late lunch tomorrow. Vac sealed with 2tbsp red wine vinegar and a basic rib rub (coarse sugar, Penzy's chili pepper, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper. They'll go into hickory smoke at 8:00am in my MES 30". I'll provide Qview progress reports.

WOW that is a clean smoker, well probably new I would have to assume.  Congrats look awesome.  Doing some beef ribs tomorrow myself.

WOW that is a clean smoker, well probably new I would have to assume.  Congrats look awesome.  Doing some beef ribs tomorrow myself.

Second use! I'm getting addicted though. I have two buts going in tomorrow for pork sliders on Tuesday!

I started with a Brinkmann gourmet as the wife said "wait to buy something more expensive, you may suck at smoking food" then she said "you need to upgrade for something with more space".  Obviously do not suck.

Last edited:
Thanks Foam! They were very tasty if I do say so myself. The wife and I ate them with some of her Au Graten potatoes and green beans. I'll post the butts after their done.:th_nopicsye3:

So I would beg to ask.. How loong did you smoke them?  How long in the foil? and how long in the sauce... and all at what temp?

Pleassssseeeeee

So I would beg to ask.. How loong did you smoke them?  How long in the foil? and how long in the sauce... and all at what temp?

Pleassssseeeeee

Sorry, been offline for a while. Smoked them at 225* for about 2-1/2 hours to bring them to 165* internal temp. Time is not as important as the IT. At that point I wrapped them in foil to braise them and keep them from drying out. Same cooking temp for the whole process, 225*. They cooked in the foil, in the smoker, for another hour or so to an IT of 180* then I basted them in sauce and put them in the oven on high broil just long enough to Carmelize the sauce. Hope that helps!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky