MES Digital Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lowes only charged me 25 bucks for an additional 2 year replacement warrenty for my Master Forge 30 digital.Jeff.
You should have got the 40" which has 1200 watts. After closing door,  it's back up to temp well under 5 mins.  Twenty or thirty minutes seems way too long. could be an element or controller problem and maybe a conversation with MB customer service is in order. Trust me they Masterbuilts' do screw up. I know this as I am in the process of sending back my second unit. Don't let your 90 warranty lapse without resolving any problems. I paid them $99 to get a 2 year warranty and they may wish they never sold it to me. 

Bill

You will never look back....RTBBQ
439.gif
I ordered one too...and AMNPS...and chips...

I have a deep fat fryer under my carport. Over time it gathered a lot of dust and grime on just sitting there . I made a cover for it out of a shower curtain. Now it clean!  I just bought the mes 40 new gen with window.
Love your idea. My MES 30 sleeps in my garage under a cover I bought with it and bungee corded to a handtruck. It's only in my backyard when I'm using it and while it's cooling down after a smoke.

I have mine on a table on the patio,but it just can't live there.  The plan is to build a table for it and put it on casters so it can be wheeled away from the house when in use and then placed back when done.  I see no need to cover it right now, but I am sure it will get as dirty and my gas grill.  I just clean that off when I clean the patio.

I think I will build a lower cabinet under it too so I can store all the chips and other related things under it.

Mel

I have mine on a table on the patio,but it just can't live there.  The plan is to build a table for it and put it on casters so it can be wheeled away from the house when in use and then placed back when done.  I see no need to cover it right now, but I am sure it will get as dirty and my gas grill.  I just clean that off when I clean the patio.

I think I will build a lower cabinet under it too so I can store all the chips and other related things under it.

Mel
I have a small table in my backyard that I place the smokehouse on when using it. It doesn't have casters because it's a really old table and I just walk outside of my backyard fence when not in use. I think building a special cabinet to place your MES on is an excellent idea.

I'll try to chime in here. I am also new to forum, and have some pictures I took of the "keep thinking as you go" type of cabinet that I came up with for my MES. I'm in WI, and knew I would be battling bad weather here shortly, and wanted to make something quick to shelter the unit.

I first built a bench with casters I had laying around here.  I then thought why not build a cabinet right on top of that. Ive also added an Auber

PID controller that is not made for bad weather conditions. I have an enclosed area by my back porch door, so I cut a hole in the wall to accomodate the electrical cord and probe wires so that the controller and Mav 732 are inside.  The over hang on my porch roof is approxiamately 2 feet.  I left the back side of cabinet open completely, and left plenty of open space for the elbow on vent. I've also cut an opening for the chip loader. I use that only partially open for venting the AMNPS.  There is plenty of open air for unit not to heat up, but also provides a perfect atmosphere for bad weather conditions. The hinges on the door are pinned, so in the summer time for more circulation the door comes off easily. I've done three all night sessions with this so far, and it works great. First two I got up a couple of times during the night to check if everything was alright, and it was.  Now I can sleep. I hope I can show these pictures here. (My first time with this) I've also put a stainless sheet over the window so I don't have to clean it all the time.(PITA)  I hope this helps someone to come up with ideas of their own, depending on their own situations. Thanks for viewing!  Dave.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky