Memorial Day Weekend Menus?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
What’s everyone cooking up this weekend? Here’s my menu:

Saturday - buffalo chicken pizza and maybe throw something on the smoker

Sunday -whole roasted chicken, taters, stuffing balls, and a veggie

Monday - hot dogs on the grill, probably baked beans, and a dip

Picking up the fresh cuts from a whole hog tomorrow...what to smoke, what to smoke?
Ribs would be an easy choice, ribs are always great. I'm getting a fresh ham though and I've never cooked a green ham before...If we get together with family I might have to just try it and see. Not sure I'm willing to share ribs with the family in question, they are a weird lot with strange tastes, they don't seem to see the difference between Crock-Pot ribs with Hunts BBQ sauce on them and perfectly smoked dry rubs and homemade finishing sauce.

Hey everyone! New to this forum. Had a question for all you experienced smokers out there. We have a fairly cheap Char-Broil electric smoker that we have to run an extension cord into our house to use. The extension cord gets pretty hot towards the end plugged into the house outlet. What extension cord should I get? Any advice would be so helpful as we hope to do a lot of smoking this weekend!!!

Hey everyone! New to this forum. Had a question for all you experienced smokers out there. We have a fairly cheap Char-Broil electric smoker that we have to run an extension cord into our house to use. The extension cord gets pretty hot towards the end plugged into the house outlet. What extension cord should I get? Any advice would be so helpful as we hope to do a lot of smoking this weekend!!!
I believe the cord I got for my electric smoker is 12 gauge. Also get the shortest cord possible to get where you’re going. The longer the cord the hotter it’ll get.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Not completely set, but ribs and salmon calling me. Just got an UltraQ to try out on the BGE, but thinking a more forgiving cut like a butt or chicken on first trial run. Also corn on sale and thinking of a low country boil.
And if that’s not enough competition, FINALLY getting our boat back from new bottom paint, and SUPPOSED to stop raining by Sunday and be beautiful, so that might torpedo all my smoking plans.
So who the heck knows ...

Had my heart set on brisket and ribs. I have some spares and baby back pork ribs, so today I went to Sam's Club to get a brisket. Walking up to the display case I noticed they had several to choose from and that's when I noticed the price. I was there about 2 1/2 weeks ago and passed because the smallest one was 19lbs but were priced at $3.48lb today the price has doubled to $6.98lb. So ribs it is.

That's an insane price even if it was prime, Costco sells prime around here for $3.45 P.P.
You have to jump on them when you see them though because once they are gone they might not get them back for a week or more, same goes for the pork bellies and butts. But all in all our meat situation is much better than it was two weeks ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky