Memorial Day smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingearl

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
Nicholasville
BC47D538-4249-4590-A3C7-5CE658CA765D.jpeg
Put a 14 pound brisket on at noon. 11 hours later I added an 8 pound butt. Smoking at 225 hoping to eat Sunday about 2. Hopefully the brisket will be done at 11 and I can separate the point for burnt ends and eat around 2. I also have 12 ears of corn I’ll grill about 1:30.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdskelly
You look like you’re doing great. I’ll be watching. Like!

I get that the new forum takes some getting use to. I had trouble and was absent for a short duration. But give it a chance. It’s diffrent but better in many ways. Keep logging in and you will see what
I mean. Besides this is where your pals are! B

The last time I was as here was for a Christmas prime rib smoke which I made the carousel. I was so happy about that, always aspired to be an otbs member but doesn’t seem like that’s gonna happen. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of the new format before too long lol

You're not doing bad. On the csrousell at Christmas and now a great start on this one.
The only to get into OTBS is to post LOTS. Constantly giving good advice, helping members--new and old--with problems they encounter, and welcoming new members to the forum, is a really good way to get noticed. Posting once every 6 months isn't.
You just gotta work at and for it. Good things take time. If OTBS was quick and easy, it would also be ordinary, not a special achievement.
Gary

Last edited:
Well my Memorial Day smoke was awesome, but my post was a fail. The brisket was pulled out at noon, separated the point, cubed, sprinkled with Jeff’s rub and bbq sauce, and returned to the smoker. The flat was wrapped in towels and put in a cooler. The butt was pulled from the smoker at 1:00 and it joined the brisket in the cooler. At 1:30 I fired up my charcoal grill and grilled some corn on the Cobb. My family all arrived at 2 just as I was pulling the corn and the burnt ends. Scrambling to get the brisket sliced and the pork pulled I failed to get any pics. The burnt ends were devoured fast and half the brisket and pulled pork were as well. The rest was taken home by my family, leaving me with little leftovers.
I’ll try to get pics next time- which is today actually. Just a small smoke of some baby backs for my wife and I.

You're not doing bad. On the csrousell at Christmas and now a great start on this one.
The only to get into OTBS is to post LOTS. Constantly giving good advice, helping members--new and old--with problems they encounter, and welcoming new members to the forum, is a really good way to get noticed. Posting once every 6 months isn't.
You just gotta work at and for it. Good things take time. If OTBS was quick and easy, it would also be ordinary, not a special achievement.
Gary

Yea I knew what it takes and how I don’t smoke and post much during the winter which was why I was saying I don’t see the otbs member status. But it’s all good, I’ll just keep smoking and keep absorbing all the useful knowledge available here and help anyone else out when I can. To me this forum is like other people’s favorite bar lol

Yea I knew what it takes and how I don’t smoke and post much during the winter which was why I was saying I don’t see the otbs member status. But it’s all good, I’ll just keep smoking and keep absorbing all the useful knowledge available here and help anyone else out when I can. To me this forum is like other people’s favorite bar lol

Yep I know whst you mean. Miss Linda calls the Forum my "Facebook for rednecks". LOL
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky