Mellowing Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Michael Welcome to the forum

I am not sure where in the UK you are but I am in Kent and I too do most of my smoking overnight. This includes a lot of cheese. The temperatures here are usually fine overnight and it does not annoy the neighbours. I have found that recently some nights are too cold so I built a thermostatically controlled heater to keep the smoking chamber at 10-12 C.

Hi wade,

I live in Lincolnshire, so I get it a little chillier up here.

I found over the past 2 weeks when the temp has drop below 0°C my smoke grill seems to take a little longer to go through so I chucked it in my wood shed, and it picked up again.

What set up are you useing (if you don't mind me asking) to smoke?

It is an AMNPS type smoke generator that I built myself before Todd's were available in the UK. They work really well and produce a lot of good quality smoke for a long time. Todd has them on his site and will ship to the UK for $70 (~£50) http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8

To give you an idea of the smoke it produces I recently put a clip up on YouTube. You will find it hard to find one that works any better

Last edited:
Very nice smoker you have there Wade.  Did you make it?  I am impressed that you are not putting the AMNPS in the smoker alone. As you must know, you get much less creosote in the smoker that way.

Thanks for the video.  Worth a point.  

Tom

Thanks Tom and Blue Hill
Very nice smoker you have there Wade.  Did you make it?  I am impressed that you are not putting the AMNPS in the smoker alone. As you must know, you get much less creosote in the smoker that way.

Thanks for the video.  Worth a point.  
Yes I worked with a friend (who builds and services food processing equipment for a living) and we made it to my design with what was around in his yard. Even with the smoke generator there, I do still have to pressure wash it inside every month or so.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky