• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Meaty Bacon and Cured & Smoked Ham

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 4, 2012
Ran out of bacon one morning so I called 911 and ordered a new slicer and some pork belly's.

This was some of the meatiest bacon / belly I've ever seen. Somehow, being its so meaty, I don't feel so guilty eating it. ;)

I'll have to come back with my notes and share more of the process and details but these two are about the same process as everyone does here on SMF.

Enjoy!

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Joined Sep 8, 2011
That is Beautiful!!!!

If I could find bacon that looks like that I might eat it more often!

Awesome job!!!

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
That bacon had to be Photoshopped....

Looks Awesome!

TJ

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
You should put that bacon on E-bay and let the bidding begin! It never slices like that for me. What kind of slicer did you get?

savupoika

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 6, 2012
I think it has been sliced with a laser or some hightech stuff
biggrin.gif
Pretty nice stuff!

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 12, 2011
Gees, do they Feed Pigs anymore!?! I get the whole, " Lean is Better for you ", but it's freakin' BACON! It' supposed to be Fatty! Damn that " Other White Meat " campaign!!!!...JJ

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 4, 2012
That is Beautiful!!!!

If I could find bacon that looks like that I might eat it more often!

Awesome job!!!
Thanks!
That bacon had to be Photoshopped....

Looks Awesome!

TJ
Now that's a compliment because I am quite handy in photoshop :)
You should put that bacon on E-bay and let the bidding begin! It never slices like that for me. What kind of slicer did you get?
Good idea!
dollarsign.gif

I picked up the new Cabela's 10'' Commercial-Grade Meat Slicer
I think it has been sliced with a laser or some hightech stuff
biggrin.gif
Pretty nice stuff!
The slicer is pretty sweet. It's all manual tho, no auto like the real commercial slicers.
Gees, do they Feed Pigs anymore!?! I get the whole, " Lean is Better for you ", but it's freakin' BACON! It' supposed to be Fatty! Damn that " Other White Meat " campaign!!!!...JJ
They said it came from Canada so maybe it burned off it's winter fat already!

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 23, 2010
Awesome looking bacon.  I may have to eat breakfast again.

bravo1.png

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
The ham looks fantastic!!! As does the bacon! both pair well with Dales Pale Ale!!!

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2010
Could you share some details about the ham please.  Recipe, and smoking process, length, wood, temps.  Thanks.

diggingdogfarm

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Missed this thread.

The bacon looks real good, but if I made belly bacon that lean here, they'd be after me with torches a pitch forks....LITERALLY!!! :biggrin:

The ham looks real good too.

~Martin

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 4, 2012
Could you share some details about the ham please.  Recipe, and smoking process, length, wood, temps.  Thanks.
No Problem. Let me find my notebook and I'll post some info later this afternoon.
Missed this thread.
The bacon looks real good, but if I made belly bacon that lean here, they'd be after me with torches a pitch forks....LITERALLY!!!
biggrin.gif

The ham looks real good too.

~Martin
I don't have much choice with the bellies if I get them at this one place because they come in two per box and I don't get to choose or look at them prior to purchasing. Basically I get to snag a box for dirt cheap on their way to the restaurant so I can't complain.

It was hamtastic!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.