Meaty Bacon and Cured & Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
Ran out of bacon one morning so I called 911 and ordered a new slicer and some pork belly's.

This was some of the meatiest bacon / belly I've ever seen. Somehow, being its so meaty, I don't feel so guilty eating it. ;)

I'll have to come back with my notes and share more of the process and details but these two are about the same process as everyone does here on SMF.

Enjoy!

That is Beautiful!!!!

If I could find bacon that looks like that I might eat it more often!

Awesome job!!!

I think it has been sliced with a laser or some hightech stuff
biggrin.gif
Pretty nice stuff!

Gees, do they Feed Pigs anymore!?! I get the whole, " Lean is Better for you ", but it's freakin' BACON! It' supposed to be Fatty! Damn that " Other White Meat " campaign!!!!...JJ

That is Beautiful!!!!

If I could find bacon that looks like that I might eat it more often!

Awesome job!!!
Thanks!
That bacon had to be Photoshopped....

Looks Awesome!

TJ
Now that's a compliment because I am quite handy in photoshop :)
You should put that bacon on E-bay and let the bidding begin! It never slices like that for me. What kind of slicer did you get?
Good idea!
dollarsign.gif

I picked up the new Cabela's 10'' Commercial-Grade Meat Slicer
I think it has been sliced with a laser or some hightech stuff
biggrin.gif
Pretty nice stuff!
The slicer is pretty sweet. It's all manual tho, no auto like the real commercial slicers.
Gees, do they Feed Pigs anymore!?! I get the whole, " Lean is Better for you ", but it's freakin' BACON! It' supposed to be Fatty! Damn that " Other White Meat " campaign!!!!...JJ
They said it came from Canada so maybe it burned off it's winter fat already!

Could you share some details about the ham please.  Recipe, and smoking process, length, wood, temps.  Thanks.
No Problem. Let me find my notebook and I'll post some info later this afternoon.
Missed this thread.
The bacon looks real good, but if I made belly bacon that lean here, they'd be after me with torches a pitch forks....LITERALLY!!!
biggrin.gif

The ham looks real good too.

~Martin
I don't have much choice with the bellies if I get them at this one place because they come in two per box and I don't get to choose or look at them prior to purchasing. Basically I get to snag a box for dirt cheap on their way to the restaurant so I can't complain.

It was hamtastic!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky