Meat truck tent sale ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
20220304_104953.jpg

Has anyone here ever used these guys?
Has to be sub select at those prices.
Didn't have time other than a quick pic this morning but curiosity is getting the best of me. I'll have to go back and check them out this afternoon.

Keith

Keith, not sure if it’s the same one… but had a buddy try something similar a couple years ago… he was not impressed! I have to say, I agree with TNJAKE TNJAKE !

They have done the tent sale thing here in Louisiana and Mississippi.. I have heard the commercials on the radio but never stopped by the tent to look things over. I asume it is bottom of the barrel stuff that they need to move quickly before expiration.

It's been awhile since I saw one, but we used to have these guys driving around with a chest freezer in the back of a pickup selling meat out of it. I always took a hard pass when they tried to get me to buy anything.

View attachment 527602

Has anyone here ever used these guys?
Has to be sub select at those prices.
Didn't have time other than a quick pic this morning but curiosity is getting the best of me. I'll have to go back and check them out this afternoon.

Keith
Never even heard of this as a thing lol.
I personally wouldn't trust random people or little known companies in selling meat out of a truck. If it was a meat packer or processor of some kind that didn't mind having their name out there as part of the sale I would probably take a stab at it.

If legit and the steaks were $2/lb and the meat wasn't bad I would grind the steaks if they were lower quality.
No tenderness issues with ground meat.
If they taste like crap though, no grinding in the world will save them.

But $2/lb meat that is great for grind I'd consider it... after I did some research to make sure the meat wasn't stored raw on the floor or something else bad generally went on with meat in this kind of setup.

Overall though if it's too good to be true then you know the rest :)

Reactions: 912smoker
Never even heard of this as a thing lol.
I personally wouldn't trust random people or little known companies in selling meat out of a truck. If it was a meat packer or processor of some kind that didn't mind having their name out there as part of the sale I would probably take a stab at it.

If legit and the steaks were $2/lb and the meat wasn't bad I would grind the steaks if they were lower quality.
No tenderness issues with ground meat.
If they taste like crap though, no grinding in the world will save them.

But $2/lb meat that is great for grind I'd consider it... after I did some research to make sure the meat wasn't stored raw on the floor or something else bad generally went on with meat in this kind of setup.

Overall though if it's too good to be true then you know the rest :)
Me : But he looks like a nice guy.

Wife : Yep. So did Theodore Bundy...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn and tallbm
Those trucks with the freezers in the back troll the rental trailer parks regularly around me. Must make money ive seen them around for the past forty years.

We bought some that were offered like that about 5 years ago while on a job with about 30 guys. Someone bought enough to feed all of us. I've had worse but the steaks were about 3/8" thick before cooking so everyone got 2 steaks. We all got a kick out of it.

My luck it would be that plant based meat that I have no desire to even try. They are around here at times pickups with the freezers and the rental trucks with all the signs in parking lots. I have never tried them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky