Meat Loaf Wrapped around Loaded Mashed Potatoes, mushroom gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! That is incredible🥹 I’ve book marked for a go, it’s like a comfort food burrito!!!! Would have been a great entry for the throwdown! Awesome job, big points!

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

I like that a "comfort food burrito" lol
And yes it would have been a good entry for the throwdown,
the ones in the throwdown are great, this would have been up there with them I would hope

David

Reactions: bauchjw
Damn David, I nominated you for SMF over achiever. Way to go on this cook. I’d almost drive the 2000+ miles to take a chair. Absolutely delicious to me for sure. Nice work.

Thanks Eric for the comment

I will take that nomination and raise you 2 . No seriously thank you for that.
If you made the drive I would get you a chair and fill up a big plate for you.
It was very nice and lots of flavours

David

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Awesome work David! Love that meal!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the love and the comment

I thought you would like this , as you, Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) and I love our gravy
It was very good and just a little weird not having a big spoonful of mashed on the plate also, lol

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks great, we will add frozen and thawed spinach and mozzarella cheese and roll up once in awhile, really good stuff . Going to do 1 soon and try sharp white cheddar before Christmas I hope. work & other stuff getting in the way lol . thanks for sharing

Thanks Mike for the comment

It was a good meal and will do again
The sharp cheddar sounds good , I have done one with the spinach and cheese but think I added onions and something also, will have to go back and see.

And you are right , work and life sometimes get in the way of the fun stuff, like smoking food and eating . lol

David

stock-rocket-space-flying-off-chart-65383649.jpg

Wow David! Amazing cook.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Brian for the love and the comment

It was a fun cook to do, love smoked meatloaf

David
Meatloaf on my short list. After making real bread crumbs from Kieth recipe I been wanting to try them in meatloaf. I have an old rolled venison meatloaf I need to do again. Stuffed with mushrooms and Swiss cheese.

Meatloaf on my short list. After making real bread crumbs from Kieth recipe I been wanting to try them in meatloaf. I have an old rolled venison meatloaf I need to do again. Stuffed with mushrooms and Swiss cheese.

That sounds good Brian , Mona would love one stuffed with mushrooms for sure

David

Man that is gorgeous. Bryce, my 15yo bottomless pit, was saying we havent smoked a meatloaf in a while. This would be right down his alley.

Now a technical question...When you roll and seal the meat...Do you go from edge to edge or bring it to the center and seal? I'm intrigued with the mashed taters in the center.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky