• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

hot&fast beef ribs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

mh4tula

Newbie
Joined
Jul 18, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
22
Last weekend I decided to cook beef ribs, these are my first ribs. I bought a piece of about 2 kg, when I opened it it was definitely fatty and I had to cut a lot, but the marbling was good!
I used 2 teaspoons of coarse salt, 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper, and 1.5 teaspoons of dried garlic. They lasted about 2 hours in the refrigerator! I cooked them in a homemade smoker for 1.5 hours at 75-100 degrees, sprinkling them with apple juice and vinegar sauce every 20 minutes. Then I cooked them at 150 degrees for 1.5 hours. Then I wrapped them in two layers of foil and cooked them for about 1 hour until the internal temperature reached 93-95 degrees.
I wasn't impressed with the results. I think it was due to the very fatty cut or the wrong temperature setting. By the way, could you tell me how to properly calibrate the Inkbird 26s thermometer? I'll keep trying.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6653.png
    IMG_6653.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6654.png
    IMG_6654.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6655.png
    IMG_6655.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6656.png
    IMG_6656.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6589.jpeg
    IMG_6589.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 3
  • camphoto_351212254.jpeg
    camphoto_351212254.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 5
  • camphoto_1144747756.jpeg
    camphoto_1144747756.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 5
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky