Maybe Relocating (Again)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Our Army daughter got her station at FT KNOX and a promotion to MSG. Sold their house in CA up by SFB Area.

Bought a 4 year old 4 br, 2.5 bath full livable finished basement on 1.6 acre. She asked us to move in. We seen the facetime she showed us and are planning a trip up there in late Aug to check it out. She said it will get you both out of the rv crap and in a stable house. Dad you have lots of room, yard and garage......YAY

Put the 5th wheel on blocks, winterize it and sell it.

Lexington area.

Soooooooo

More to follow.

Heck i think i know how to wear pants again :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:

Sounds like that will work best for all of you, but what about your bread beat down in Florida? How will they get by without you? Lol
Congratulations, if it all works out, might even be able to fix up a cure chamber again! Look out.

Sweet will be nice to have the space again. I did some training at Knox once...........most importantly you will be close enough to make the Tennessee gathering in the spring!

Now that sound like a great plan!!! 1.6 archers! Definitely keep us posted.

Sounds like a great opportunity for you and the Mrs. No more tropical storms will be a good thing.

Congrats to your daughter ... and to you.

Lexington area. I have 2 sisters living 20-30 miles south of there.

Well that is certainly nice of your Daughter and Congrats to her on the Promotion. She should be happy getting out of Cali. San Francisco has gone to Hell with the Homeless, Drugs and Gang Violence...JJ

That's all fine and dandy... But I don't believe you guys can handle the cold... LOL ...

Keep the 5th wheel for your winter residence ...

And Congrats on the daughters promotion ...

Lived in the area many years ago. Upper Kentucky has very mild winters, well compared to my Minnesota upbringing and similar to my many years in the Seattle area.
If you enjoy raspberries, that is is just enough kiss of the cold to make them produce berries.

Congrats to her on the Master. Not familiar enough with military rotations to know how long she intends to stay at the Knox and pass up rank.

Thanks

This may be her last, she is going on 24 years now in the Army. She was at Travis AFB for 6 years.

I can do the cold still just gotta get my old self used to it again.

We have 2 mid teen grandsons that wanna learn how to cook, make smoked stuff, go fishin.

Yay i can Q for 6 again.

That's Great Rick----Getting back closer to PA again!!!
It's not so cold up here any more!!
Mostly just WET !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky