Maverick ET-732

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flareside92

R.I.P. Gone But Never Forgotten.
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
NW Iowa
Wouldn't you know it! I get asked to smoke porkbutts for work and my Maverick blows a probe. (at least I think)

Have a dozen on the smoker and first got nothing but --- then once in awhile a temp. I thought perhaps it might be batteries since I've had it for awhile and never changed them.

Batteries changed, I got LLL at first, then back to ---.

Guess we'll be babysitting it the rest of the day.

Didn't get before pics but will post the after pics later.

When I first got mine, I thought mine was defective because I kept getting the LLL. My problem: the probe wasn't plugged into the unit all the way.  Sounds simple, but it looked like it was plugged all the way in.  The only reason I figured it out was because the two plugs of the probes looked different. I had to twist and push a little harder because the rubbery receiver was not expanding around the jack.

Last edited:
Thanks Scarbelly, that's where I bought it from. I'm not sure if there is a difference in probes for the ET-73 but a coworker brought his in and I tried one of his probes. It didn't seem to want to stay in the 732 but if you held it in place it would read.

As soon as you set it down it slides out a bit. I turned it off and put my probe back in, had to wiggle it a few times but when I set it down it was reading. So far so good. It's now time to order spares :)

Keeping fingers crossed

From everything I have read, the probes are not interchangable - the 73 and 732 are different probes

icon_cool.gif

Now Maverick is proud of their stuff and they won't give you nothing for free. Even if you spent 40-70 bucks for their thermo meters. You're gonna spend another 20 bucks when you need a new probe. That's why I went to Pyrex or Taylor. Now I have 3 talyors and when their probes go out they sent as many as I asked for for free. Now that's customer service if you ask me.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky