Maverick et 732 is not registering to the remote.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roddy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Hamilton (Mercer) NJ.
I hope its just me(the nut behind the wheel) but now on my second smoke with the 732 I again cannot get the oven temp or food temp to register on my remote. I admit I suck at directions and even worse when they involve things like cell phones and this unit. Give me some help.

I suck to, but try holding a unit in each hand and start them at the same time. they should go beep beep a few times then it should register

Not sure about the 732, as I have a diffent model. On mine, the reciever, "one in the house", needs to be turned on first then the one with the probe "transmitter" turned on. other wise they seem not to talk to each other. I also have a little tiny transmit button on the back of the transmitter .. if I hold it down for a couple seconds, it will send a signal to the reciever. Hope this helps!!!

A.

I had that same problem with mine when I first got it.  Ihad bought it from Todd so I emailed him with the question.  He told me to make sure that the probes were pushed in far enough.  I was being gentle and trying not to break anything.  So I gave both of the probe connections a good squeeze and I could feel them seat themselves in the unit. And I felt certain that they were in there good. Give it a good squeeze and see if that might not solve the problem.  Good Luck!

Just shut off the remote. Shut off the receiver. turned on the remote and then the receiver and al is well. Thaknks so much.

If that happens again you should also try removing the batteries and reinstalling them 

The mavericks are testy when it comes to the order in which you turn them on. Always turn the receiver on first, then the transmitter. If you still have problems, make sure the probes are seated properly and restart. Past that, they have a good customer service department, and also a Facebook page where you can communicate with them.

The mavericks are testy when it comes to the order in which you turn them on. Always turn the receiver on first, then the transmitter. If you still have problems, make sure the probes are seated properly and restart. Past that, they have a good customer service department, and also a Facebook page where you can communicate with them.
yeahthat.gif

Luckily, it looks lke they got you squared away!  My problem has always been self-induced, not the fault of Maverick. 

Frosty the short circuit was me all the way and I knew it.  I also found out my factory door thermometer is off by - 5 degrees. Not too bad. I have the Masterbuilt propane vertical 2 door. The chicken I smoked last night came out pretty darn good. Did my own basic wet marinade and in the last hour hit it with Sweet Baby Rays' BBQ sauce. As a first timer with chicken and only my second real smoke I could not believe how rich and deep the flavors go. 

yeahthat.gif

Luckily, it looks lke they got you squared away!  My problem has always been self-induced, not the fault of Maverick. 
THAT'S FUNNY!

When in doubt, hold down the sync button again

Batteries make a difference too.  Even though the Maverick ET-732 comes with new batteries, who knows how old they really are, or if they are even a good quality battery.  New batteries will sometimes make it operate much better

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky