Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've only done one cook on this smoker, but I'm thinkin this is a good addition.

I would also keep the cast iron bottom grate, but I wish it would slide out. There's not much room to work between the grates. Do Joe's grates slide out ?

Reactions: negolien
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 1050. Can anyone compare with a Kamado Joe (with iKammand)?
I can't compare the two but can tell you the 1050 is a beast. Just did a 10 hour pulled pork cook and it held temps perfectly the entire time. You will not be disappointed

Reactions: Will Squared
I used the Masterbuilt lump with hickory chunks and had to refuel towards the end.
That was my 1st experience with a long cook so not much experience here. I will probably use briquettes next time.

If im smoking I normally start with a small layer of lump charcoal first to get a nice bed of hot coals dropping down in the ashbin, then the rest will be normal kingsford mixed with whatever wood i need to use plus some wood in the ash bin to start the smoke.

If im smoking I normally start with a small layer of lump charcoal first to get a nice bed of hot coals dropping down in the ashbin, then the rest will be normal kingsford mixed with whatever wood i need to use plus some wood in the ash bin to start the smoke.

Later yesterday, I cleaned out the ash bin and the two large chunks of cherry I'd put in there were almost completely consumed. Early in the cook I looked in on the ash bin and those two chunks did not appear to be burnt. So eventually, pieces of the char logs did fall through.

Later yesterday, I cleaned out the ash bin and the two large chunks of cherry I'd put in there were almost completely consumed. Early in the cook I looked in on the ash bin and those two chunks did not appear to be burnt. So eventually, pieces of the char logs did fall through.
yeah they will eventually get it but the lump does a better job of falling through in the beginning to kickstart that process.

I gotta think these B&B Char Logs are gonna last a while, just based on what the B&B rep said about how they're made and the feedback they get.

I'm really anxious for another cook on the 560. I ordered one grate from Joes Grates yesterday. But my wife and I have a lot of barbecue to eat first :emoji_relaxed:

I'm seeing a pattern develop with WalMart's here in OKC. They will drastically drop the price on the MB 560 in one store until that store sells out. Then another store will drop their price.

The WalMart where I bought mine last week for $250, had them marked down last Saturday to $150 until they were gone.

Now another WalMart in nearby Norman has dropped their price to $250. This may be happening in other cities.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=811864559

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky