Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will say that it sears super fast with the searing side of the grate at 700 Degrees, nice wide sear marks. The sear marks are much wider and closer spaced than any other grill I have had. A generic 55" grill cover works just fine for it. I'm waiting for the custom cover to be more available.

Cover is available from mb

Reactions: Will Squared
Yea most definitely. I really wish Weber would have been the one that went the gravity fed route instead of pellet so we could have had some comparisons between the two. Plus I've been using webers for quite a while and have always been happy with them.

Honestly, I know what'll happen is that I'll end up at a Walmart that has one in stock and I'm going to be like "It's fate!" and I'll buy it.

Same. I'm a weber fan myself and love my 26er with slow n sear. I'm sure the smoke fire will be a nice pellet grill but I've tried pellets and my in opinion they can never get the flavor of charcoal and wood chunks. Sadly the masterbuilt name will keep a lot of weber guys from picking up the the gravity 560 even though if I'm not mistaken both will have the same warranty.

Well krap. Just as I was getting happy with my pellet smoker this comes along. Agree with all on the "not quite true" smoke flavor you get with the pellets but could overlook some of that for the convenience, plus the extended run time compared to an offset( hated getting up every 2 hrs to keep that butt smoking). This looks like exactly what the doctor ordered. The wife is gonna have a cow

Well krap. Just as I was getting happy with my pellet smoker this comes along. Agree with all on the "not quite true" smoke flavor you get with the pellets but could overlook some of that for the convenience, plus the extended run time compared to an offset( hated getting up every 2 hrs to keep that butt smoking). This looks like exactly what the doctor ordered. The wife is gonna have a cow

A 100% satisfied customer. I bought another one today at a substantial discount to keep in storage.

Just to let you guys know, I had a 8.8lb bag of royal oak put in about half of the bag, along with a few blocks of hickory scattered through it, was able to smoke for 6 hours non stop at 225 for some ribs, After that i still had some left over to grill up some porkchops before i ran out of charcoal.

Ok Rex, I'm not to far outside KC where did you manage to find one on discount locally already?
Yesterday one appeared on one of the Facebook MB 560 groups for sale. It was located in Houston, about 50 miles away. I contacted the seller, bought it and picked it up today. No damage to the shipping box, all taped up still. You might try looking at some of those places around your area. This was in Stafford Texas, another member of the group happened to purchase one located in Humble, Texas at another discount store.

Same. I'm a weber fan myself and love my 26er with slow n sear. I'm sure the smoke fire will be a nice pellet grill but I've tried pellets and my in opinion they can never get the flavor of charcoal and wood chunks. Sadly the masterbuilt name will keep a lot of weber guys from picking up the the gravity 560 even though if I'm not mistaken both will have the same warranty.
I think you're right. I never bought into the weber name until recently but i just got tired of stuff wearing out after a few years. I really wish someone would invest in their products durability for once instead of profit margin to give weber a run for their money again.

View attachment 412506

Pretty good first cook. Enjoying it so far. Only complaint is the bluetooth wifi app
What was the issue with Blue Tooth? I just got a MGF560 and am still putting it together.
The box (from Walmart) was missing the firebox gasket but Masterbuilt is sending one out.
I am chomping at the bit ! I have 25 lbs of Salmon to smoke.
How low can it maintain heat? Low enough to smoke cheese?

What was the issue with Blue Tooth? I just got a MGF560 and am still putting it together.
The box (from Walmart) was missing the firebox gasket but Masterbuilt is sending one out.
I am chomping at the bit ! I have 25 lbs of Salmon to smoke.
How low can it maintain heat? Low enough to smoke cheese?

The application can be figity sometimes. You will need to hit the reconnect button anytime I open any firebox doors or the lid.

I would hazard a guess that the fan shuts down when a lid is opened? might be bypassed on assembly lol

I would hazard a guess that the fan shuts down when a lid is opened? might be bypassed on assembly lol
Only if its above 500F, Otherwise it still blows when the lid is opened. It will shut it off if you open the charcoal hopper top or the ash bucket door.

For those of you already using charcoal, this probably isn’t as exciting. But I came from a pellet grill so I get pretty happy with this. This was the amount of smoke coming off the grill at 250. Even at high temps, I can still get really great amounts of smoke. This was always an issue with my pellet grill, at about 250- 275, the level of smoke decreased significantly. Was gonna post a video but apparently all I can post are photos. Always difficult to see in photos but this was tbs, but hope this helps

That Thing looks Awesome!!
And Even I can see in this picture some TBS that looks Perfect !!
Thanks for Showing!!

Bear

I owned a regular Weber a few years ago and I have to say this is a 97% set it and forget it product. The ease of use and attention to most details is super. If you like to mess with your cooks you should probably skip this as it leaves u little to do LOL.
grill.jpg

My missing gasket has gotten to Tracy, CA. I might be putting my 560 together tomorrow !
I am blown away at how much info there is on this Forum. Bearcarver has a list of resources that doesn't quit.
I am going to a local Mandarin ranch tomorrow to see if I can get some branches for chips.
I have some Black Walnut to chip and some Osage Orange for chips and chunks.
I am sooo chomping at the bit I can taste the Brisket !

My missing gasket has gotten to Tracy, CA. I might be putting my 560 together tomorrow !
I am blown away at how much info there is on this Forum. Bearcarver has a list of resources that doesn't quit.
I am going to a local Mandarin ranch tomorrow to see if I can get some branches for chips.
I have some Black Walnut to chip and some Osage Orange for chips and chunks.
I am sooo chomping at the bit I can taste the Brisket !

If you're on Facebook, there's a user's group that is very beneficial and the Masterbuilt company have a large and active presence

Seen mention of these groups before but Facebook is the devil. I would rather cut my own eyes out than fund their propaganda machine. #walkaway
I have not been on FB since 2015 when they required me to provide a photo ID with my home address. No thanks. But I am loving this Forum! There is a LOT of info here. Nice folks too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky