• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Grease fire or something eh?

Never know---Anything can happen:
Grease, Electrical problem, etc...
I know of a guy who had fats accumulate inside the door of his MES. (strange)
Then the door burst into flames, and burned. Luckily he was nearby, and put it out before it could do more than ruin the Smoker door. Masterbuilt gave him a new door.

My MES is on my Wood front porch, on a wood platform, next to a log house wall, under a wood T & G ceiling, on an All Wood Log Home.
All worth more to us than a couple Brisket Meals or a couple dozen Pulled Pork Sammies.

Bear

abcdefghii

Joined Apr 22, 2020
Never know---Anything can happen:
Grease, Electrical problem, etc...
Yep, I set some pork to cook on mine a couple weeks ago at about 1am, I was definitely aware of where I was placing the smoker in case something did happen. I had also set myself an alarm to keep checking on it fairly regularly.

Funnily enough, my biggest fear was a bear coming and kicking it over to steal the meat.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Yep, I set some pork to cook on mine a couple weeks ago at about 1am, I was definitely aware of where I was placing the smoker in case something did happen. I had also set myself an alarm to keep checking on it fairly regularly.

Funnily enough, my biggest fear was a bear coming and kicking it over to steal the meat.

Hey!!!---C'mon---Bears are Nice Guys!!:emoji_bear:
Sounds like you are being careful !!

Bear

Shakey

Joined Jul 6, 2020
I will be doing my first slow cook tomorrow, a boston butt. I cooked some ribeyes, chicken thighs and salmon last weekend. All turned out well. Gonna start in the early a.m. and get this puppy going.

Will Squared

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 24, 2020
I will be doing my first slow cook tomorrow, a boston butt. I cooked some ribeyes, chicken thighs and salmon last weekend. All turned out well. Gonna start in the early a.m. and get this puppy going.
My first Butt took a lot longer than I expected.
It was chilly and breezy.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.