Masterbuilt Elite 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

surreyboy

Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Hey , new here & was just hoping i would be able to get some help to getting my smoker back smoking.
So its an Elite 30" the red heat indicator light didn't come on last time i went to fire it up & the element didn't get hot. I did some quick research on the internet & figured it was the element & bout a new one. Hooked it up & still , the red indicator light didn't come on & the element didn't get hot. All other functions on the control panel work & function as they should , just the red light & element don't fire up. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: JC in GB
It could be one of three things.

1) Bad element (You disproved that.)
2) Bad controller
3) Bad wiring

If you have a bad controller, you can easily replace it with a PID unit.

JC :emoji_cat:

I have an MB as well and like SmokerJim and JC in GB have mentioned is checking your wiring to make sure nothing has come loose over time. I had to replace my control panel due to the panel not lighting up or hearing the unit start up (beep) when plugged in. When I replaced the panel, you could tell that the wiring for the connectors was going bad.

Silly question, but when you plug in do you hear a beep or even when pressing the buttons?

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky