• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt Elite 30

surreyboy

Joined Oct 28, 2020
Hey , new here & was just hoping i would be able to get some help to getting my smoker back smoking.
So its an Elite 30" the red heat indicator light didn't come on last time i went to fire it up & the element didn't get hot. I did some quick research on the internet & figured it was the element & bout a new one. Hooked it up & still , the red indicator light didn't come on & the element didn't get hot. All other functions on the control panel work & function as they should , just the red light & element don't fire up. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Check connections behind back panel, they are known to rust and break or a broken wire.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
It could be one of three things.

1) Bad element (You disproved that.)
2) Bad controller
3) Bad wiring

If you have a bad controller, you can easily replace it with a PID unit.

JC :emoji_cat:

TXBBQinAZ

Joined Jul 31, 2020
I have an MB as well and like SmokerJim and JC in GB have mentioned is checking your wiring to make sure nothing has come loose over time. I had to replace my control panel due to the panel not lighting up or hearing the unit start up (beep) when plugged in. When I replaced the panel, you could tell that the wiring for the connectors was going bad.

Silly question, but when you plug in do you hear a beep or even when pressing the buttons?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.