Masterbuilt Electric Temps?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zeebest

Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
Any one having problem with smoker temps. out there? Everything I smoke doesn't take as long to get done as it should at a set temperature. Example: I smoke something that should take 6 hours at a certain temp. going by the recipe and mine gets done in 3 hours. I have checked the display temperature against a couple of other thermometers that I placed in the unit for comparison. The smoker seems to be accurate +or- a couple degrees.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Any one having problem with smoker temps. out there? Everything I smoke doesn't take as long to get done as it should at a set temperature. Example: I smoke something that should take 6 hours at a certain temp. going by the recipe and mine gets done in 3 hours. I have checked the display temperature against a couple of other thermometers that I placed in the unit for comparison. The smoker seems to be accurate +or- a couple degrees.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Does the item your smoking weigh the same as in the recipe, which is one thing to look at.  Also, things will cook quicker on the bottom racks then they do on the top racks f the MES, it does it mine, so I can confidently say it does in your also.

You may read a recipe, it says this size of this, and well yours may be smaller.  Also, consider where the recipe comes from.  What type of smoker did they use, if they used a BBQ, of course it will take longer, as temp regulation may not be as good.

I have found similar results when using my MES, but it never bothered me.  Meat’s done, ‘nough said, lets eat.

Thanks, you're right. Really didn't think about pounds. I sometimes get carried away with the small stuff. By the way, do you know anything about a bigger chip tray for a master built? I was reading something the other day about an upgrade that was avalible but I didn't follow upon it. Is this coming from master built or aftermarket? Just wondered. Thanks

The retro fit is a chip tray that almost as big as as the box it slides into. Some were shipped with half size trays. You don't gain a whole lot with a larger tray. You are way better off getting an AMNPS Pellet smoke generator...JJ

http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky