March Madness Smoking Extravaganza with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
Ok, so maybe not an extravaganza. Pulling out the smoker tomorrow to make stuff for the week. It's a beautiful weekend here so it should turn out great. Gonna try some new charcoal management techniques as well. :biggrin:

St. Louis cut pork ribs (2 slabs)
Pork shoulder (5 pounds)
Chicken breasts

Used a rub that I adapted from an Alton Brown recipe as follows:

16 tbsp packed brown sugar
6 tbsp sea salt
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp Old Bay
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp onion powder

March Madness Smoking was a success! The ribs came out about as good as I've ever done so quite happy with those. I'm definitely going to keep using that rub as it was very tasty and effective on both the pork butt and ribs.

That looks mighty tasty Anthony. Glad it turned out so well for you  

[quote name="realtorterry" url="/forum/thread/104575/march-madness-smoking-extravaganza-with-qview#post_609408"]
nice cut on those ribs & color!!

What happened to the shoulder?
[/quote]

That picture was pre-"pulling" the pork. Just took out the bone and dumped it in a bowl. I forgot to take a pic of the pork after I pulled it, but it did look good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky