Maple Sausage waffle breakfast sandwich.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
I didn't actually make waffles, I used can biscuits and basic jimmy dean maple sausage and cooked everything on my Cuisinart double flip waffle maker. I did it all at once, biscuits on 1 side and turned it and did the bacon and eggs on the flip. Very fast and pretty tasty, would have been better with homemade biscuits. In the waffle maker biscuits come out kind of smashed and not as fluffy. Was a good little sandwich though and it only took like 7 minutes to make and that included waiting for the waffle iron to pre heat. I like them better made on a stove+oven like normal people make, but they take waaaay longer, I was done eating it around the same time my oven would have just finished preheating so I could make the biscuits. It had a slice of habanero cheddar on it and the egg yolk was runny and had a bit of crusty around the edges (I like it that way) Don't mind the crummy pictures, I have an older iPhone and just can't get shots from it. Also try to not see the unappetizing sausage grease on the plate lol. I forgot to give it a quick wipe before I took the pics. By the time I realized, the sandwich was gone. If you wanted to you could make 4 of these at once.

breakfast.JPG

Last edited:
Works for me! Leave the grease for me also...need something to wipe up at the end! Nice job!

Ryan

Reactions: Bigheaded
Wow thank you all, nice to know something so simple looks that good to people. Growing up (I'm 46) I remember waffle irons making waffles. It's been maybe a few years now where people are using them to make everything. I can't argue with how fast they cook, I think biscuits take 3 minutes. Also if you have a non stick one the clean up takes seconds. It's not how I normally cook, but it can turn out some pretty interesting food, and so fast.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky