• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Looking for Breakfast Sausage Recipe

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I use the Hot pork sausage from TSM . It's our favorite . Has good heat and yes I think the sage is good . At least for us .
I recently used the breakfast sausage mix from Owens BBQ . It's a good sage sausage .
I doing breakfast sausage today. I using A. C. Legg. I was wanting to try that TSM but it out of stock right now. Think I will freeze some meat after cutting it up and save until I can get some. It a 8 lb pork butt and that a lot of sausage for just me.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Think I will freeze some meat after cutting it up and save until I can get some. It a 8 lb pork butt and that a lot of sausage for just me.
If I do that , I Grind the whole butt and mix it together . That way you keep the 80 / 20 lean to fat ratio . Then take out what you want to season up , and I freeze the rest in 1 pound packs . That way I can thaw a pound and make what ever I want .

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
This is the closest Jimmy Dean copycat recipe I have found. We like the hot version best.

Hot

1lb.

16 ounces ground pork
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon MSG (such as Accent Flavor Enhancer)
I have been slowly working my way through the recipes, above, and this one is pretty darned close to Jimmy Dean Hot. Thanks for sharing grubby64 grubby64

baby kong

Fire Starter
Joined May 13, 2021
Brian , I wanted to link the one I buy . I think it's the same @SmokinAl uses .
They have one called mild hot , but this is the one I get .
That's on TSM site , but if you have Prime try getting it from there . I buy all my stuff from TSM thru Prime .
oh!! so, on a Sunday morning with ppl that are just waking up their taste buds and a family with children.... don't know what to say......

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.