Looking for Breakfast Sausage Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use the Hot pork sausage from TSM . It's our favorite . Has good heat and yes I think the sage is good . At least for us .
I recently used the breakfast sausage mix from Owens BBQ . It's a good sage sausage .
I doing breakfast sausage today. I using A. C. Legg. I was wanting to try that TSM but it out of stock right now. Think I will freeze some meat after cutting it up and save until I can get some. It a 8 lb pork butt and that a lot of sausage for just me.

Think I will freeze some meat after cutting it up and save until I can get some. It a 8 lb pork butt and that a lot of sausage for just me.
If I do that , I Grind the whole butt and mix it together . That way you keep the 80 / 20 lean to fat ratio . Then take out what you want to season up , and I freeze the rest in 1 pound packs . That way I can thaw a pound and make what ever I want .

This is the closest Jimmy Dean copycat recipe I have found. We like the hot version best.

Hot

1lb.

16 ounces ground pork
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon MSG (such as Accent Flavor Enhancer)

I have been slowly working my way through the recipes, above, and this one is pretty darned close to Jimmy Dean Hot. Thanks for sharing grubby64 grubby64

Brian , I wanted to link the one I buy . I think it's the same @SmokinAl uses .
They have one called mild hot , but this is the one I get .
That's on TSM site , but if you have Prime try getting it from there . I buy all my stuff from TSM thru Prime .
oh!! so, on a Sunday morning with ppl that are just waking up their taste buds and a family with children.... don't know what to say......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky