• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

London Broil Q-view

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
Wanted to smoke a london broil this sunday (trying to change diet and eat a little healthy).  Smoked it at 225 for about two hours and pulled it at 150 (wanted to pull it at 140 but my wife wanted it more well done BIG MISTAKE).  Used apple and hickory wood and injected it with worchestor sauce.  Got nice smoke ring, but next time i will pull at 140 it was very flavorful but little little dry for my taste.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
I like it!

Did you put anything on it?

How long did it take?

Last edited:

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
I like it!

Did you put anything on it?

How long did it take?
I put a coat of yellow mustard and a rib rub.  It took about 2 hours and then two hours in the cooler.  It was really good, just want to make it rare.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
Thanks!

I may have to try that, but I'll have to hide the mustard.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hmm, nice & pink inside.

Looks real good from here.

Bear

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
yep looks very good

carson627

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 14, 2010
I'll take the leftovers that you don't like. 
  Looks real good from here.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
Thanks guys.  The WSM was insane, i used minion but adjusted it and only put in half of the chimney of lit.  It held at 225 perfectly.  But next time im going to take it a little more rare.  It was a lot of fun.

cheezeerider

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 8, 2010
Looks great! I wish I would have thought of that, I just grilled a london broil this weekend. Not that it wasn't good, but smokes would have been something different.

ddigitalpimp

Smoke Blower
Joined May 14, 2010
if it was too dry, id try a marinade before smoking.  i love a good london broil marinaded for a few days in italian dressing or one of the A1 marinades.

corn cob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 30, 2010
London Broil is a cooking method/dish...Not a cut of beef.  The cuts of beef that most grocers label as London Broil...Top Round, flank etc are best suited for grilling hot and fast!.....If you choose to cook it slowly.. watch your internal temperatures closely or it will over cook, dry out, and be tough. Always cut across the grain for best results....HTH

Enjoy!

Last edited:

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I agree with you and alittle pink never hurt anyone. Even pork should be alittle pinkish at the end. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.