London Broil Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Morris County, New Jersey
Wanted to smoke a london broil this sunday (trying to change diet and eat a little healthy).  Smoked it at 225 for about two hours and pulled it at 150 (wanted to pull it at 140 but my wife wanted it more well done BIG MISTAKE).  Used apple and hickory wood and injected it with worchestor sauce.  Got nice smoke ring, but next time i will pull at 140 it was very flavorful but little little dry for my taste.

08cd933f_IMG00071-20100906-1042.jpg

047f15a4_IMG00072-20100906-1044.jpg

55b70fbf_IMG00073-20100906-1257.jpg

Thanks guys.  The WSM was insane, i used minion but adjusted it and only put in half of the chimney of lit.  It held at 225 perfectly.  But next time im going to take it a little more rare.  It was a lot of fun.

Looks great! I wish I would have thought of that, I just grilled a london broil this weekend. Not that it wasn't good, but smokes would have been something different.

if it was too dry, id try a marinade before smoking.  i love a good london broil marinaded for a few days in italian dressing or one of the A1 marinades.

London Broil is a cooking method/dish...Not a cut of beef.  The cuts of beef that most grocers label as London Broil...Top Round, flank etc are best suited for grilling hot and fast!.....If you choose to cook it slowly.. watch your internal temperatures closely or it will over cook, dry out, and be tough. Always cut across the grain for best results....HTH

Enjoy!

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

I agree with you and alittle pink never hurt anyone. Even pork should be alittle pinkish at the end. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky