Location Roll Call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mark From Aiken Interested in finding a source for smoking wood
Mark the church near me had a large pecan fall back in january. The trunk of the tree is around 18" diameter. prolly 25 ft long. They just pushed it to the wood line after limbing it. Its in laurens. Pm me if you are interested.

Hey thanks for the info. I am a bit to lazy and way to busy to haul and maul my own wood. I think i found a place near watkinsville ga that has a large selection of different types of wood split and seasoned. Its a bit of a drive but 90 bucks for a truck bed full is a good deal. Thanks again

Name's Eric, New to smoking, retarded Sailor living in Beaufort. Originally from Hawaii

Welcome to SC, Eric. It's good to have you here and on this great site. Jump in and ask anything you like. There are lots of really good folks here who are always ready to share their ideas, recipes and tips.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe

Hi from Spartanburg (dirty Yankee transplant moved down 4 years ago.)

I have a lot of reading to do here, I'm sort of playing with the idea of a brick smoker, one that could fit perhaps half a hog without the head at the new house for the wife and I, although a superpro with a baffle would suffice. ;)

Hi from Spartanburg (dirty Yankee transplant moved down 4 years ago.)

I have a lot of reading to do here, I'm sort of playing with the idea of a brick smoker, one that could fit perhaps half a hog without the head at the new house for the wife and I, although a superpro with a baffle would suffice. ;)

Where at in Spartanburg? I'm originally from Landrum. My parents still live there.

Where at in Spartanburg? I'm originally from Landrum. My parents still live there.
We're just outside city limits off Southport Road.
Love Landrum, my PCP is there, plus the Amish store (cheapest semolina flour I can find) along with the Hare and the Hound, Landrum is always a pleasant place to be. spartanburg's...... Well its got its charm. ;)

If you haven't been to Greenville or Spartanburg in the last 5 or 7 years its incredible what its become and keeps getting better.
Oh and there's an actual food scene now.

We're just outside city limits off Southport Road.
Love Landrum, my PCP is there, plus the Amish store (cheapest semolina flour I can find) along with the Hare and the Hound, Landrum is always a pleasant place to be. spartanburg's...... Well its got its charm. ;)

If you haven't been to Greenville or Spartanburg in the last 5 or 7 years its incredible what its become and keeps getting better.
Oh and there's an actual food scene now.
I lived in Greer from about 2009-2013, but then had to move back down to Lexington for work. I love what they have done in downtown Greenville.

There is a really good BBQ joint in Columbus, NC right off of the interstate. It's called Mountain View BBQ. A friend of mine from high school owns it and he's been on the BBQ pitmasters show. Good food.

Also, if you like pizza/subs/pasta, then you have to go to Tryon, NC and hit Sidestreet Pizza. It's been one of the best restaurants in the area longer than I've been alive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky