Loaded Potato Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Jake! It's about time that I make another pot. I pretty much do this the same. Except I add a pack of lil smokies and hot sauce.
Thanks steve. I hit mine with hot sauce from time to time. Lil smokies sounds interesting

We make ours in a pot on a induction plate so the temp stays really steady and not burn, diced city ham smoked for a little while adds another layer of flavor, hard to stop with 1 bowl lol , not sure I have enuf will power to wait on the crock pot .
We've added ham before and was tasty. This recipe can definitely be adapted for the stove top

Awesome looking soup Jake! I don't make too many cream based soups but I sure could put a bowl or three away!

Dang that looks good! And its cold this morning....would really hit the spot. Ivy makes one in the crockpot very close to this. Unfortunately she has been staying away from carbs so I doubt she'll be making any soon.

Dang that looks good! And its cold this morning....would really hit the spot. Ivy makes one in the crockpot very close to this. Unfortunately she has been staying away from carbs so I doubt she'll be making any soon.
Thanks Travis. Maybe you can talk her into a cheat day lol

Jakes fault lol , picked up the fixens for a batch this afternoon , xtra pill time lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Jakes fault lol , picked up the fixens for a batch this afternoon , xtra pill time lol
Lmao nice. Just had a bowl for lunch. Smokin a chuck roast and smoked bacon mac n cheese with.....you guessed it....heavy cream. At this point I'm just mixing BP meds right into my rubs lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Definitely soup and chili seasons for the next 6 months or so.
You made a home run.
Wife made tater and leek soup last week.
I made a batch of chili that is not her liking, so I get it all. Yum

Looks good Jake! I book marked it as well to do soon!

Edit: Do you add bacon into the soup or just top it with after you make a bowl?

Definitely soup and chili seasons for the next 6 months or so.
You made a home run.
Wife made tater and leek soup last week.
I made a batch of chili that is not her liking, so I get it all. Yum
Thanks bud. I love leeks. Care to share that recipe?

Looks good Jake! I book marked it as well to do soon!

Edit: Do you add bacon into the soup or just top it with after you make a bowl?
Thanks John. I just crumble it over top of my bowl. Mix it in then hit it with more lol. If you add it while cooking the bacon will get soft

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky